Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I could find a replacement OEM turn signal? My right turn signal got moisture in it and rusted out with the previous owner.

Fuel gauge is not working.

I actually think that is all for now, but likely more soon.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
423 Posts
JCC, the high cost replacement is to get one from the dealer. A lower cost option would be to get an OEM turn signal from eBay.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JCC, the high cost replacement is to get one from the dealer. A lower cost option would be to get an OEM turn signal from eBay.
Thank you! Was not sure if any online dealers carries OEM. LED may be better on the battery.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
anybody know what-all is involved in switching over to LED turn signals &brake/tail light ? ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

·
Registered
423 Posts
Yes. Besides replacing the lights with LEDs, there are 2 other major steps.

1. You have to replace the blinker/flasher with one that is designed for LEDs. The bike uses a common flasher, so this should be easy to find. The purpose is to restore normal flashing rates from hyper flashing rates, caused by the LEDs.

2. This one is a bit more involved. You have to modify the single turn signal lamp (in the tank mounted console) so that both sides of the bike don't blink at the same time, when you turn on a turn signal. In this forum, there is a sticky thread (at the top) explaining how to do it. I did it, it wasn't difficult or expensive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts