Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I know, I know, there have been MANY threads related to tire replacement. I have looked at most of them and can't find out what size front tire to get....I am going with Pirelli MT66 170/80 for the back tire but have no idea what size to get for the front. And, if you are not flaming me for continueing to beat the dead tire horse, lol, can you be specific about exactly what model/size to order, rather than saying "stock"? Thanks so much.

Cat

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just for you, catspeaker, I just walked out to the garage to actually look at my front tire.

The stock front on a 2009 900LT is a 130/90-16.

Replacing the stock Dunlop with almost any other brand will improve the mileage and the handling, but I can personally recommend the handling of the Pirelli MT66 on the front. I changed mine about two months ago.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks so much for the info, AltAggie!

·
Registered
451 Posts
I can vouch for Pirelli MT66 front and rear. The LT tracks like it's on rails, and is smooth as silk. I have about 8500 miles on mine so far.

When i bought the bike, I just thought it was skittish by nature. I would never have believed tires could make such a startling difference in how a bike rode.

IMHO, Kawasaki does itself a disservice, and maybe even loses some sales, because of the stock tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts