Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I bought a 2002 Vulcan Nomad last fall. I can't wait to get out and ride it in the spring. I was wondering what everyone does for a front tire? I was thinking of trying a 130/90 on the front because it gives me more choices. (height is the same but slightly more narrow) has anyone else done this?
My bike has 4500 miles (I bought it from an estate) on it and still has the original tires on it (manufacture date 09/2001) they need to get replaced. The front tire is on backwards from the factory (not sure why). I want to put Dunlop American Elite tires on but they do not make a front tire in the factory size. I have several friends running these tires on their bikes and they have nothing but good things to say about them. The dealership is trying to sell me the factory tires but I think there has been some advancements in tread patterns since then.
Thank you for your input.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yes good idea on tire replacement because of age - I have experience with old tires on a motorcycle and you need to replace!!!

I installed a Shinko 230 Tour Master Tire on my Vulcan 900 last year - good price good tire.

Ordered tire online from Dennis Kirk then removed rear wheel and had local dealer install new tube and tire.

Not worth the time to try to install yourself unless you have a tire machine.

The front tire installed backwards is correct.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have the 130/90 on my '01 Nomad with over 8K miles. Love it. I'm running Shinko 230 Tour Masters, but have Shinko 777's on my other bikes. Shinko is the only tire I run. Excellent pricing, handle and wear better than any others I've tried.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts