Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for something inexpensive that can house my ecigarette and maybe my cell phone or incidental stuff I might look at during a stop like direcitons etc... I quit smoking by switching to vaping and this works well on a motorcycle as I vape at stop lights but once that light turns I need to be able to secure it quickly and get moving. If I'm wearing a jacket I just slip it into the inside pocket but as the weather warms I wear my leather jacket less and less until I run into a warm weather jacket for riding.

I've been looking on amazon and I've seen some fairing bags but I'm doing my best to not spend money until I get a chunk of this bike paid off but I don't want to be cheap and get something worthless. Do any of these strap on easily and work while not looking like an eye sore? Any other suggestions are welcome and pics and models are even more welcomed.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Have you thought about or looked at tank bibs? May be just the thing

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
plus 1 on the tank bib ... I have one on my classic, holds the smokes and lighter with a little room to spare ... plus it protects the tank from zipper / jacket scuffs.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have a tank bib with a pouch which I purchased from Crusier Customizing. It was around $50 works great, smokes, phone and my iphone cord are in there.

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
I like mine, Sage brush Designs

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have looked at some bibs but these things aren't cheap and there aren't that many options for the Vaquero. That's why I started looking at some windshield bags. I've seen some of them for like $15-20 on amazon but I'm curious to see how these attach since some of them look like they use double sided tape onto the windshield and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I have looked at some bibs but these things aren't cheap and there aren't that many options for the Vaquero. That's why I started looking at some windshield bags. I've seen some of them for like $15-20 on amazon but I'm curious to see how these attach since some of them look like they use double sided tape onto the windshield and I'm not sure how I feel about that.
Nothing good is going to be $15-20. A quality windshield bag should mount to the windshield using bolts.

·
Living The Dream
1,515 Posts
I wear a leather vest when not using my jacket. I had a mustang bib with a pocket on my tank for quite a while. Only thing I did not like was the Velcro does not hold up for long. I had to add extra and even then I would find the flap open while cruising down the road from just the wind. While the Velcro is convenient when riding, it just doesn't last. Other bibs with pockets have a buckle latch, so that would also not be very convenient when riding. So your best bet would probably be to wear a vest, or a windshield bag. Bag would be the cheapest solution. River Road makes a nice product. I have one on my Glide with 3 pockets, and use it all the time when riding. My buddy has one on his Nomad, one big pocket on the windshield, works great for him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts