Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I've searched the forum but can't seem to find this.. Does anyone know how to disable the front running lights?(amber ones) I only want the turn signals to work when needed. Thanks.
2010 vn 900 custom se

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
498 Posts
don't know if its legal but if you follow the wire harness back use a volt meter or wire schematic to find the wire that feeds the running lights you could unplug the connector and remove(not cut) the pin from one side of the plug seal it up so it doesn't corrode plugs things back in and there you go. Doesn't seem like a good idea to me but it's your ride do it up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
BZ, there's 3 wires to the front turns, the blue one is the wire for the running lights. If you cut/disconnect the blue wire from turns and seal up you should just have front turns with no running light capabilities. I see you live in PA too, and I've read PA motorcycle code up and down about the lights and it's not required you have running lights for the front turns only your headlight. As some riders are keen to having more visibility, they advise you to keep your running lights, but I have the same bike as you and I chose to go for the "stealth" look with loud pipes lol.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Can I ask, why you want to?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I read the law also and didn't see that I needed them. But thanks for the info. And yeah that's what I'm doing, going more blacked out. Got the black seat, waiting on my pipes :( and just ordered smoke turn signal covers, and Then I'm gonna paint the turn signals gloss black.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Try to replace the bulb with a single filament bulb. Not sure right now which one, but i think it will work.

sent from downstairs bathroom while pooping thanks to Verizon.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BZ, there's 3 wires to the front turns, the blue one is the wire for the running lights. If you cut/disconnect the blue wire from turns and seal up you should just have front turns with no running light capabilities. I see you live in PA too, and I've read PA motorcycle code up and down about the lights and it's not required you have running lights for the front turns only your headlight. As some riders are keen to having more visibility, they advise you to keep your running lights, but I have the same bike as you and I chose to go for the "stealth" look with loud pipes lol.
Have u done this to your lights? If so are u using the same bulbs?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Try to replace the bulb with a single filament bulb. Not sure right now which one, but i think it will work.

sent from downstairs bathroom while pooping thanks to Verizon.
I do suppose you could file down the solder nub on the low filament side on the bulb. put a little peice of E tape over it and be done without wiring or (unwiring) anything. But I don't think there is a single filament bulb that is offset to only use one side of the dual socket.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Worked great, thanks.!! And I got my smoke lenses today, they look awesome, so I might not even paint the signals now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts