Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want thank everyone who posts here. So many answers for first time 900 owners.
So I am installing a barons front pulley and since it doesn't say anything in my clymers, Is the pulley nut left hand thread? And can I use a wedge type tool to put between the spokes on the pulley.to lossen the nut or do I need to go get a impact gun?
Thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi Kosmo, the service manual does not specify if the nut has a left hand thread so is pretty safe to asume it is right hand, the manual shows a spcial tool to hold the pulley but I think that a wedge type tool might also work or an impact wrench might do the trick.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I want thank everyone who posts here. So many answers for first time 900 owners.
So I am installing a barons front pulley and since it doesn't say anything in my clymers, Is the pulley nut left hand thread? And can I use a wedge type tool to put between the spokes on the pulley.to lossen the nut or do I need to go get a impact gun?
Thanks
The nut is right hand thread. Lube it with moly assembly lube before final torque. Holding it with the belt drive is not the best idea. See the following.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The nut is right hand thread. Lube it with moly assembly lube before final torque. Holding it with the belt drive is not the best idea. See the following.

Thanks for the input guys. I think im going to try batt op impact gun before I order the tool.
Let the learning continue
K

1 - 4 of 4 Posts