Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed the yellow reflectors that are on the front forks? If so how are they attached? I have a shop manual from Midwest Manuals, but I can't find how the reflectors are attached. I think that it's some sort of adhesive or double sided tape. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fork Reflectors

They are applyed with adhesive,the easy way to get them off is use a hair dryer on high heat and they will easy peel off.I used the same procedure for side cover emblem and the tank,you will have some glue left over and that will come off with Turtel Bug&Tar remover(here in Canada)it will not harm your forks or paint.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rider. I figured that it was some sort of adhesive but I wasn't sure. I have a heat gun and will use it to remove them. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Thanks Rider. I figured that it was some sort of adhesive but I wasn't sure. I have a heat gun and will use it to remove them. Thanks again.
Careful! If your heat gun is for removing paint, that's a LOT of heat. Go easy, or use a hair dryer.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Did you guys just remove them or did you add LED light to replace it

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DonnieP, Both really. I didn't like the looks of the reflectors and I am adding accent led lighting. I have some Skinny'Z Ice Blue LED strips that I am finally getting time to put on the bike (not for driving down the road mind you). My bike is the Burnt Candy Orange and the Ice Blue will set the paint off nicely. I plan on taking pictures of the install and will post them if anybody is interested.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bill: Thanks for the warning about the heat gun. Yes it does produce a lot of heat even on the low setting so I am always careful with it.. I may try the fishing line and/or dental floss ideas from Chobber and GearDoctor. Never would have thought of using a filament to remove decals and such - good idea.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Jorge thanks post pics please

1 - 10 of 10 Posts