Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m swapping the front wheel on my custom with s Classic rim and tire. Obviously the front fender won’t fit anymore after this, right? My question is, I see a lot of guys bikes with no front fender. How much road debris are you throwing up at yourself, your radiator etc. I ride a lot to and from work, some highway some back roads.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have fun it with no front fender and no problems with debris. If you have any rain or wetness on the road you’ll want your fender back though...I chopped the oem 800B fender for mine...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking for fit advice on front fenders

I need some sizing advice on a front fender to chop for my vulcan 900. I put the Classic wheel and Commander 2 tire on the front, so now the custom fender won't fit. Can I mod any fender that has the proper width? Any suggestions on make/ models that already have the right dimensions? I am not looking to go BCB with this. Just need to keep the rain/debris off myself and radiator.

Has anyone figured how to get the custom fender to fit over the larger wheel/tire?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just picked up a 1600 fender. It’s bolts right up, all metal and welded to the bracket. Really a much nicer product than the 900 fender. I’m not sure if I’ll cut this one up or leave it large, dresser style(see avatar). I also picked up a knock off HD 1200 short fender and used mounting bracket for a 900. This will get fab’d into something similar to what you have. Pics to come. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just picked up a 1600 fender. It’s bolts right up, all metal and welded to the bracket. Really a much nicer product than the 900 fender. I’m not sure if I’ll cut this one up or leave it large, dresser style(see avatar). I also picked up a knock off HD 1200 short fender and used mounting bracket for a 900. This will get fab’d into something similar to what you have. Pics to come. Thanks for the help.
Did you use a Sportster 1200 front fender? How did you mount it? They’re a dime a dozen on Ebay.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the 1200 fender and an old mounting bracket for the 900 classic that I was going to modify, weld, and install so it would all be bolt on. Then i found the 1600 fender and its a done deal. If you are interested, I can look into shipping you the parts I have, 1200 fender and 900 bracket. I would just want to recoup what I paid. Let me know if you're interested.
I am not sure about the meanstreak fender. I would speculate that the width is teh same, but the mounting height, and inside diameter of the curve may differ. Does the Meanstreak have the same forks, front wheel diameter as the standard 1600?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the 1200 fender and an old mounting bracket for the 900 classic that I was going to modify, weld, and install so it would all be bolt on. Then i found the 1600 fender and its a done deal. If you are interested, I can look into shipping you the parts I have, 1200 fender and 900 bracket. I would just want to recoup what I paid. Let me know if you're interested.
I am not sure about the meanstreak fender. I would speculate that the width is the same, but the mounting height, and inside diameter of the curve may differ. Does the Meanstreak have the same forks, front wheel diameter as the standard 1600?
Ok after some research it looks like the all the 1600's had the same forks. Did the 1600 fender bolt directly to the 900? If that's the case, a shorty mean streak would work.

Thanks for the replies. (y)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts