Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My replacement front fender FINALLY arrived today. I started fiddling with it and quickly realized it's not so simple as pulling the bolts and sliding it out.

I just want to confirm that the front wheel needs to be removed to replace the fender, and that I'm not missing something simple.

Anyone done this yet?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
261 Posts
My replacement front fender FINALLY arrived today. I started fiddling with it and quickly realized it's not so simple as pulling the bolts and sliding it out.

I just want to confirm that the front wheel needs to be removed to replace the fender, and that I'm not missing something simple.

Anyone done this yet?

Yep. Wheel comes off to allow for clearance.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, a bit of an odd choice.

That's about what I figured it'd be. Now I just gotta get the jack. Bad enough this flimsy piece of plastic was $135....

·
Registered
904 Posts

That's about what I figured it'd be. Now I just gotta get the jack. Bad enough this flimsy piece of plastic was $135....

I put a fender extender on, so I had to remove the fender to do it the way I’d be satisfied with it going on. I never had a front lift at the time, so I put the bike on the rear lift and used two scissor jacks out of my vehicles to lift the front. One under each fork. I wound them up a bit at a time, while watching a level I had across the forks. (After I had everything loosened first).Only need to lift it enough to get the tire out. Worked perfect.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts

Do yourself a favor invest in a front paddock stand; can be had for little as $60 from revzilla; BTW front axle nut is 14mm Hex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah that's the plan. I was actually looking at the viper front and rear stands on Amazon. Looks like you can get it with the spindles included.

I know there is a really long thread on here about which stands work and don't work with the rear fender intact. Looks like just about any front stand will do the trick though. Correct?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I used a trackside front (venom front should work); the venom rear paddock stand on Amazon is known to clear the rear fender. (The Trackside rear will NOT clear without modifications ).Get a quality set of Delrin spools(R&G worked well for me) 10x1.25mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
904 Posts
Yeah that's the plan. I was actually looking at the viper front and rear stands on Amazon. Looks like you can get it with the spindles included.

I know there is a really long thread on here about which stands work and don't work with the rear fender intact. Looks like just about any front stand will do the trick though. Correct?
The Venom stands are the one's I have and they are pretty decent, especially for the price. You can get them from Amazon, Ebay or Kapscomoto.
I use them on my KVS and 800C. However, I wouldn't use them on anything much heavier than 500 Lbs. They are sold as "Sportbike" stands and not recommended for cruisers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts