Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering opinions of the best way to cut down my front fender on my 800 classic...

I want to chop off the front of it right to where the bolts go through the forks so it only covers the tire from the forks back...

I want it to look good any tips to cutting it?

(PS why can I only upload one picture?)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Its a fiber glass type material so a dremel with a cutoff wheel should work fine. even a jigsaw with a fine blade. If you're wanting design idea, how about cutting to a point in the center of the tire. Perhaps use a paper plate or coffee can lid to layout the curve to the center of tire from both sides of fender?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good call I was thinking about a cutoff wheel and then using sandpaper to smooth the edges out... The paper plate idea is a great one I think ill give that a try! Ill prob just do a "test" and only take a few inches off the front and see how it comes out before I go further back to the final spot...

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Wondering opinions of the best way to cut down my front fender on my 800 classic...

I want to chop off the front of it right to where the bolts go through the forks so it only covers the tire from the forks back...

I want it to look good any tips to cutting it?

(PS why can I only upload one picture?)
I dont think it would look good if you cut just the front. it will look strange from the side view.. Cutting is easy, I did mine with a dremel using a wood saw blade. Just keep the speed down, or the friction will melt the plastic around the blade and it will get ugly quickly.

http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu99/sunnybob_photo/IMG_0411_zps4fe63332.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts