Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to find a nice front fairing for my 07 2000 CL LT. I am looking for one that either has a stereo or can take one, with out spending a grand!!! Any help here???

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
cheap bats

View attachment 2108
I am looking to find a nice front fairing for my 07 2000 CL LT. I am looking for one that either has a stereo or can take one, with out spending a grand!!! Any help here???
dram's, do it yourself, $500 + paint.
ps. put a radio in your pocket and plugs in your ears. worx more better.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well Mark, it's a Harley fairing but I had to cut the bottom of the headlight ring off, shape the opening for the big headlight and I built the brackets to mount it to the bike.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Who makes that fairing and where could I find one. Looks nice...
dram'rs, sorry for being late. didnt see this one b4. that there is a hd fairing from www.chicagoharley.com I buy lots of hd parts from them 20% off list, no taxes... so far. anything to starve the beast. then kill it. ok, back to fairngs. this is 3 peice ensemble, front n back clam shell w/windshield. I have the 5"dark shorty for summer n 8"clear for winter. also have those integral mirrors all for about $5bills. paint cost me a hunerd doh'larays. but this was 1st on my roadstar then I moved it to the redbear'n.
I didnt cut the bottom out of the headlight bucket. I cut the front to slip completey over the stock headlight nacelle. snuggly tightish. then 3 'lectric zip ties, in front one down under and behind, two at the handy bars. worx like a champ. out, ponch

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Call Corbin. They make very nice looking fairings for the VN 2000 line, and they take Hawg Wired and similar stereo systems that fit HD batwing fairings. I have not asked them yet, but I am thinking they probably accomodate the HD inner fairing shell, since they did tell me the mounting points for stereo equipt is identical to the HD batwing fairing.

Corbin paints the fairings to match the OEM paint job of your bike, at least it does for my model. I likely am buying one next year. Not in the budget right now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just spent this past weekend with a guy who has a corbin on his Yamaha Stratoliner and couldn't hate it more. First they painted it wrong and worse, he takes a beating from the buffeting behind the fairing. I didn't ride his bike but he went on and on how much he hates it. At $1800 you would think Corbin would at least return his calls, but they won't.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Wow. Definitely sounds bad.

I have the "Star Wars" headlight nacelle, so unfortunately Corbin is the only game in town for a batwing fairing. I can order it for less in a primered form and have my custom car shop paint it.

As far as buffeting, they (Corbin) offer different windshield heights, and that could easily be fixed. I have an aftermarket windshield on another bike and I cut it down to get it where I wanted it. Used a pneumatic saw and marked/masked the area carefully, and it came out fabulous.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi there, was looking myself for a fairing for my 06 V2K and the one place I came across that specifically has a fit for my bike, and price is not too bad is at cruisercustomizing.com. the link should paste.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?Category_ID=84&manufacturer_ID=6&product_ID=39778&sblid_name=Custom_World_International_Premeux_Classic_Fairing___Vulcan______Classic___LT_____to_____for_Kawasaki_Vulcan_2000_Classic_LT

I think this will be the direction that I take. Appears to not need any cutting or mods to work, however we've all heard that story before. todd

·
Registered
616 Posts
fairing

With a little work on a mount this Memphis Shades Batwing , for a Road King works fine. I think they actually make one for the big light V2K, but NOT for a Classic. I removed the signal lights & use LEDs in the Kurakyn mirrors.
I had to fab a mount , or else buy ALL the Classic LT hardware, because couldnt find anyone who makes a fairing for a Classic.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
keep it simple

I had to fab a mount , or else buy ALL the Classic LT hardware, because couldnt find anyone who makes a fairing for a Classic.
r2d2, wire ties. 3 of em. cost .05, each? out, ponch

btw, I like your running lamps. location. may need to do something similar.

·
Registered
616 Posts
fairing

r2d2, wire ties. 3 of em. cost .05, each? out, ponch

btw, I like your running lamps. location. may need to do something similar.
Tks ponch, Im kinda happy with the lighted mirrors & interestingly, you can actually see the amber flash reflect back on the roadway ahead, at night, so they are brighter then I expected.
BTW, NO riding today, everything in S Texas is covered with ICE !!!~

·
Registered
24 Posts
jbaird75, no have not picked it up yet, will be spring purchase. I did go into the cw-intl.com site for more info, and there is a model there specifically for the large headlight. Other than that, that is all the info I have gotten from them. Had an email in looking for stuff like that, disappointed in no returned message. not sure how that sits for overall customer service...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts