Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all;

I have a 900 Classic LT that seems to have front end wobble/wiggle. Whatever you call it. It starts at about 35MPH and turns into a hard vibration after 45MPH. I have taken it to the dealer twice now. The first time the mechanic said the steering knuckle was a little loose, but would not recommend it be tightened until my first service! The second time, a different Mechanic said he can feel what I am talking about but says it is not anything out of the ordinary with the Vulcan. I was told that thy did call Kawasaki and they told him that all the Vulcans do what I am complaining about! :mad:

I know you are not supposed to let go of the handle bars when you are riding, But! I did have a lose grip one time while scratching my nose and on the decelerations the front started to wobble uncontrollably, I had to grasp the bars to prevent me from totally losing control.:eek:

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Hi all;

I have a 900 Classic LT that seems to have front end wobble/wiggle. Whatever you call it. It starts at about 35MPH and turns into a hard vibration after 45MPH. I have taken it to the dealer twice now. The first time the mechanic said the steering knuckle was a little loose, but would not recommend it be tightened until my first service! The second time, a different Mechanic said he can feel what I am talking about but says it is not anything out of the ordinary with the Vulcan. I was told that thy did call Kawasaki and they told him that all the Vulcans do what I am complaining about! :mad:

I know you are not supposed to let go of the handle bars when you are riding, But! I did have a lose grip one time while scratching my nose and on the decelerations the front started to wobble uncontrollably, I had to grasp the bars to prevent me from totally losing control.:eek:

Any thoughts? Suggestions?
Hey.....Don't matter what they tell u is not normal or acceptable......Don't let them feed u that crap....Could be a few things....Check that steering is tight....Could be a deformed tire or a flaw in tire....Tire could be out of balance...could be a bent rim....hit any curbs or anything....There are some ideas....But is not normal....not on any bike as far as i know....Take care....Terry....:)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Dealer is full of $h!t, nothing normal about a control problem. Check the steering head torque, front wheel ballance, rear wheel alingment. When i had a wobble, it ended up being a bad tire, I didn't find out until the tire blistered and came real close to a blow out. new tire fixed it, now I can ride with no hands if i want {but i don't}. That kind of crap from dealers is why mine hasn't been back to the dealer since break in service. Buy a shop manual and service your machine yourself, much better peace of mind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts