Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My handlebars are crooked. When I'm running down the road my handlebars are turned to the right. It makes no real difference but it drives me nuts. A dealer in Oklahoma told me to lash down the front wheel and loosen the bolts in the top of the triple tree and swivel the bars slightly left to straighten it out. Sounds plausible to me. That's the only place they could be off. Anyone else ever experience this?................:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
THat will work, but support your bike in the front with a jack almost to the point of zero weight on the tire or it will collapse on you!
Loosen the axle bolt, the fender support bolts and the triple tree clamps. Stand with the front tire between your legs and reach up and twist the handlebars in the direction you want them to go. Before tightening anything walk aroun to the rear and check your work, if it is straight start with the triple clamps and just snug the bolts, then the fender, then the axle. Then go back to the triple and torque it to spec's, then the fender and lastly the axle. Check your work again, if it stayed straight then maneuver the bike where you can compress the forks. Does it move freely? If so you should be finished, if not then something is bent and needs to be inspected closely.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts