Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just replaced my second front brake light switch in 14 months, the bike has almost 20k mils on it, its been replaced under warranty, but what do you guys think is the problem.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just replaced my second front brake light switch in 14 months, the bike has almost 20k mils on it, its been replaced under warranty, but what do you guys think is the problem.
Mine's been replaced once. The dealer called Kawasaki and was told that the switch is not waterproof.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Looks like I will be getting that changed a few times. I'm always in the rain this time of year. And why would you have a non waterproof switch on a motorcycle?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
900 Posts
I had my rear brake switch short out in rain in 2010 blowing the brake lite fuse. It happened in the USA. The USA Kawa dealer was good enough to blow it out n adjust it for a $50.00 bill. When I got back into Canada the dealer wouldn't help me with the bill and I had to pay for my own replacement switch as I couldn't trust that one and they wouldn't even consider warranting it. Its been a great.... experience with no support from the local dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts