Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Sorry to start a new thread on something I am sure has been discussed before, but I was tired of looking for it. I just replaced my front brake pads and I chose organic(mistakenly). I will go with them for a while, if I can, but I am hearing a rubbing from the wheel. ? What is this? Anyone have any experience with this. I will put EBC sinter pads on later, but I had already bought these before I realized what I had. So, any Ideas? The sound is rough, and the squealing is gone from before I replaced the pads.

Thanks

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hey, yeah I did the same thing, changed em out with some really crappy front and rear pads, I was told they were great when I bought them. The rear pads wore out in the life of one rear tyre, about 6000klms. Put the original Kawa Pads back in back as they still looked new after 20,000klms, and I had not thrown them away luckily. I put the EBC Double H pads in front and they are about as good as it gets for stopping power, very happy with them.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Greyhairhoon....did those cheap plads make the grinding noise also...?
that is what is bothering me. I am scared they are hurting my rotor. I am not riding any more until I get better pads....tomorrow on way home from work.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Thanks, Greyhairhoon....did those cheap plads make the grinding noise also...?
that is what is bothering me. I am scared they are hurting my rotor. I am not riding any more until I get better pads....tomorrow on way home from work.
Yes they did, they were the noisiest pads I have ever had, that was the other reason I wanted them gone. The EBCs are brilliant on the front and the stock rear pads are good for rear and just cannot wear them out. The stock rear pads have done 33,000klms now, if they ever wear out I will put EBCs on rear as well.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I will be putting EBC's on tonight when I get home tonight from work.
The weather is to nice to be driving my truck to work....!

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did put EBC's on the front and what a difference. TodayI get a new front tire as I prepare for the summer.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yeah they really do work well. You will find they get better after a few hundred miles on them as they bed in.
What front tyre are you going to use?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts