Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ever since I have owned my '98 Classic, I have had a faint 'buzz' when applying the front brake. It sounds as though it is electrical and at first I thought that it may have been the brake light, however it doesn't happen with the rear brake. It doesn't happen if the brake is applied when the bike is stopped, only when moving. It is not a 'rotary' noise and it is exactly the same regardless of speed or the amount the lever is moved, just applying a little pressure to the lever is enough to cause it. Braking is not effected and the brake pads, caliper and disc are all good and nothing appears to be loose. I do have a stainless braided brake line and I noticed today that there is a very slight kink where it had been pinched about halfway down. Could this be the cause of the buzz? It seems unlikely. As it doesn't effect the braking I'm not too concerned, but just thought I would ask if anybody else has experienced this. I heard of some vn750's that had something similar.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I think is nothing to worry about. Mine does the same. Could be from the pads, as these are organic, not sinterized. And I know that organic pads are making some noise.
Just my 2c.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts