Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a backrest that I can use on long rides and have not been successful in finding anything under $200 for our bike. So, after spending way too much time trying to find one, I decided to make one. I ordered a backrest pad from ebay, <$20, picked up an angle bracket/corner brace from Lowes, and ordered some hardware from amazon (wanted metric hardware and Lowes didn't have what I was looking for.) I'll include photos of all the parts and end result.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #2

Attachments

Premium Member
THAT. IS. AWESOME.

I have a Corbin seat and ordered a backrest off eBay for $40. It's got good padding, but I was used to the extended reach seat, and the Corbin is sized more like the mid reach. That move was fine for me, but the backrest pushed forward another 1.5" or so even more, which was just too close. Fantastic idea to just buy some hardware and use the rest I already paid for.

Yet another mod that'll stack up in the garage with my unridden bike until I have time to do them all and get back on the road... :mad:

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I will be testing it out this week as far as comfort and durability. Good luck with your mods and getting back on the road! Be sure to share. I love making new mods, especially if I can get creative with them.

Registered
These are the kind of projects that are fun to do. You wind up with something functional that is tailor-made to your liking, and no one else on the planet has the exact same setup!

Good for you! Enjoy it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts