Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this should have been a new thread. I was unable to fins an existing one that fit. Are any of you runnig both od pulleys and then 170 rear tire?

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
No, I am running the rear pulley and a 170 tire. It dropped the RPM's quite a bit. My next tire will be back to stock size, unless I go Darkside.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
I am pretty close. Running both front & rear OD pulleys with a 200/70 tire (much like the 170/80 it's taller than stock). It's been a few months now (replaced the tire back in May). Really enjoy the stretched out gearing all gears. Don't have to shift as often. Freeway cruising is great, 70+ is relaxed no high vibration.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
FORGE stock rear tire

Forge is there a specific reason for going back to the stock rear tire? I am trying to decide which route is best for me. I have the front pulley installed, and the rear is here still in the box. I don't think I have enough room to install the 170 rear tire without useing the od rear pulley. I probably should have thoght of the rear pulley and 170 tire first......slow on the uptake..

·
Registered
260 Posts
Is this an 'easy' mod to do? (meaning, can I do it myself in an afternoon, or am I looking at a mechanic install)

It sounds interesting. How does it affect MPG?

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
I'm wanting to find out how the RPM's are with stock again, plus over 55 my speedometer is reading low now.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Is this an 'easy' mod to do? (meaning, can I do it myself in an afternoon, or am I looking at a mechanic install)

It sounds interesting. How does it affect MPG?
I found it an easy mod to do in an afternoon. Make sure you have all the right tools... Jack stand, 27mm impact socket, 27mm box wrench, service manual seem to be the more specific tools I had to acquire. Impact wrench was good to have as well (either air or a cordless model). Then follow all instructions (though you do not have to remove the exhaust to remove the rear tire).

As for MPG, I did not notice a change with this mod. I notice a change when I added an air intake & fuel mgmt. system (45mpg to 42-43mpg). I think that's due to my throttle hand having more fun.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Anyone wanna sell me a rear OD pulley for cheap lol I cant bring myself to spend that kind of money when the one on there now works fine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts