Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks
My service manual shows me this connection in my 2004 VN2000 with a BL/Y and BL/W wires to it.
But. I cannot find any spare bloody thing there?????
Please help:-(

I will post some photos of my new top box and fibre glass bags soon.

Thanks
Terry

·
Registered
659 Posts
Can't say for sure about yours but my '06 classic has the accessory plug in the headlight bucket. I've got several things plugged into it. Where does your manual say it's located?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Mine's in the headlight bucket and was taped together side by side from the factory. Used crimp-on t-connectors (U-Haul connectors) to for the connections because it too much trouble to find a matching 4-pin male connector half. Power is through the ignition switch.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Gents

My manual says there is a "joint connector" and a "front accessory connectors" in the head light bucket. 1 is supposed to have 4 BL/Y wires, it has. Supposed to have the other as BK/Y, W/BL, not there. It has 4x Purple, brown and red???.
MMM!!! these 2 plugs have smaller guage wire on them than the other wires in bucket as well???
Any ideas Gents please?

Thanks

·
Registered
220 Posts
My shop manual shows two 4 pin female connectors red/black and black/yellow. bk/y is chassis ground and r/bk is switched 12vdc through ignition switch. There is also an accessory plug located under the seat for rear mount accessories. Manual is for VN2000J8F (2008 VN2000 Classic LT) but I don't know if it changed from model years. Wire size is fine for a power point or such but if more amperage is needed, use it to power a relay from the battery.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Izzy
Thanks. It looks like my wiring is very similar to yours.
The 2 wires I'm supposed to have for the spare connector, are the wires used for my low beam head light. I have taped into them for my plug and so far, all is good.
Thanks Mate
Terry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts