Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I have the older fi2000r tripot fuel management system. I am wanting to go to something else. My current one uses t taps and others generally plug directly into the injectors. Question is if I go to another system how do I bypass this one? Bc i am under the impression the t tap connectors cut the original wires so will tapping into the injectors on a new system bypass the old management system?

·
Registered
136 Posts
T taps are designed to strip the insulation to make contact with the wire, unfortunately sometimes they do cut into the wire itself. As far as bypassing it there are two ways you could go about it.
#1. cut the wire at the tap that goes to the fuel processor and then wrap the whole tap in electrical tape
#2. Open the tap and nip the metal clip that tap into the wire (very carefully) and then wrap the wire in electrical tape.
I have done both with success it is what ever you comfortable doing. And make sure you disconnect the battery

·
Registered
529 Posts
Leave the t-tap's connected to stock wiring and just remove the wire from the bottom of the t-tap that goes to the Fi2000 harness. Or just remove them and tape them up with some E-tape. I removed one 2 different times from the same wire and you couldn't even tell I had tapped it. There fairly clean.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts