Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Monday went to go for a ride, bike would barely roll. Worked fine Sunday. Tonight changed friction plates and clutch diaphragm spring. Clutch was extremely easy to pull.. bled clutch and now it’s impossible to pull.. got to where it was hard to pull and tried a test drive. It would go to 1st but still not move. Tried to cycle to 2nd and it would just hang in neutral .. plates and spring were done according to gadgets and every you tube video I could find. Any suggestions on clutch play and how to make the wheels roll.? Did not mess with the slave cylinder but doubt that’s my problem.
Thanks- cary

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
you may have pulled on the clutch level before the spring and nut was reinstalled causing the inner push rod to be pushed out of it's position jamming the push rod, you have to back in there and re-set that push rod

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Having coffee and planning on opening it up again and now realize there was a lot of play between that clutch spring collar and clucth spring. Think the collar should have been snug to the spring. Would me messing up that push rod also do that?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi I'm John Shelnutt Prattville/ Montgomery al,. I have a
1991 vn 88 1500, . Jus bought bike, needs a lot of tlc 27000 miles, bled clutch fluids,
last week
pulled everything down an replaced clutch spring.
Had to cordless impact wrench
Retaining nut off an on. Worth every dime that cordless cost.

As I was finishing I couldn't get retaining c spring to seat.
I loosensd clutch reservoir cap off clutch , " left handle bar area",
Gently hand pushed clutch assembly final cover an piston went in perfectly, .tested by squeezing clutch lever couple times, after resecuring clutch reservoir cover, to make sure that c ring didnt pop. out.
My condolences, lol to have to get to that clutch more then once!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your reply. Just tried loosening the resevior and nothing new. Also the collar that the washers and clutch spring go on - shouldn’t that be snug to the clutch spring? Mine is sitting about 3/8 of an inch out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Take an post 2 focused close ups from a angle ,, that help the guys on here,. Those big washers that have to be turned against each other a certain way, a schematic of reassembly could help for ur visual luck

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1-D- 10 -T error. Ok new to this and not always a moron. But will swallow my pride and let you know I was . My mistake- I didn’t put that last aluminum ring on and then the new spring clutch. The way I had it I didn’t need to sake that c clip off because the whole end just came freely. Yup and I can say 4:30 until 11 last night and 7am until 2pm today. Thanks for your help .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts