Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

I know it's redundant but bare with me pls

I was goin for Cobra Swept but sadly my bike is EU with O2 sensors & cobra pipes don't have plugs, Plus they are the most expensive of all at 800$

The next pick was FP Sharp Curve. Great style, sound & comes with O2 plugs ready but still highly priced at 640$

Then I saw V & H Slash Staggered. They look amazing, sound too & O2 plugs ready with price tag of 470$

I just wana hear the inputs of you who tried any of the two & what they think & recommend ...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I fitted the black V & H slash cut staggereds to my 2012 Custom this week. They are loud and look great. They came well packed and protected which was just as well as they travelled around the USA and Asia before getting to me. I am getting a lot of popping/ back firing at the moment but I will address that issue later. Included with them were the bungs to put into the pipes if you don't have the O2 sensors. My bike has the sensors and I installed them but with the help of a forum member will eliminate them later using resistors. Overall I am very happy with the look and sound of them.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I fitted the black V & H slash cut staggereds to my 2012 Custom this week. They are loud and look great. They came well packed and protected which was just as well as they travelled around the USA and Asia before getting to me. I am getting a lot of popping/ back firing at the moment but I will address that issue later. Included with them were the bungs to put into the pipes if you don't have the O2 sensors. My bike has the sensors and I installed them but with the help of a forum member will eliminate them later using resistors. Overall I am very happy with the look and sound of them.
That sounds great Shezasdad; hope you get that fixed soon. Can you post some pics & a vid if you can for your pipes...

I'm really torn between those 2:

1) 470$
2) 640$

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To all guys here who have freedom on their 900: can you show us a drive-by sound clip of those pipes :handshake:

& also how's the popping issue with them? as much as V&H or less or more :eek: ?

I really appreciate any help with this part :confused:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I finally made up my mind. After checking V&H, HK, RB, Cobra & FP :confused::confused::confused: , I went with Freedom Performance Sharp Curve Radius :D
Can't wait to get it with a great deal of 513.12$ + free shipping :desire:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Bit late but though I'd jump in anyway. V&H have both a regular baffle that comes with the pipes and a quiet baffle that you can purchase separately (easily swapped). I found the regular baffle too loud and the quiet baffle perfect. I had to install a Power Commander V and marble to completley eliminate the popping.

·
BOTM Winner, October/2012
291 Posts
Well, I finally made up my mind. After checking V&H, HK, RB, Cobra & FP :confused::confused::confused: , I went with Freedom Performance Sharp Curve Radius :D
Congrats! You're gonna love them!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Man good choice. I got these last year and they are LOUD! I have an EU bike and i got them without the plugs because I didn't know what size and putting and tricking the system with a resistor really does take 2 mins.

I will try and get a vid of a dry by or onboard at some point soon. But seriously I thought they sounded good in the videos nothing and I mean nothing prepares you for the real life noise.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanx guys
I'm planing on making sound comparison with ride by once I get them on

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update:

I bought The Chromed Freedoms BUT they are without bung ports for O2 sensors :( (that's weird)
Just installed them in house & boy they sure sound LOUD :eek: & even backfires some HUGE flames :good:

1- Now do I need to fabricate the eliminator or no? Cause the FI light went on
2- The pipes became so hot & only for 2 min after starting them. Is that normal?

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Man good choice. I got these last year and they are LOUD! I have an EU bike and i got them without the plugs because I didn't know what size and putting and tricking the system with a resistor really does take 2 mins.

I will try and get a vid of a dry by or onboard at some point soon. But seriously I thought they sounded good in the videos nothing and I mean nothing prepares you for the real life noise.
Right on that part, nothing REALLY prepared me for what I heard :D

Regarding the resistor, from what I figured from forums, you just simply connect it to the lower ones as shown in pic. Is that right?
Because the white wires on the male part on the exhaust are both on the bottom & they meet one white wire & one pink in the female part attached to the bike :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Update:

I bought The Chromed Freedoms BUT they are without bung ports for O2 sensors :( (that's weird)
Just installed them in house & boy they sure sound LOUD :eek: & even backfires some HUGE flames :good:

1- Now do I need to fabricate the eliminator or no? Cause the FI light went on
2- The pipes became so hot & only for 2 min after starting them. Is that normal?
Yes do the eliminator. I wouldnt exactly call it fabrication as its only a resistor and some electrical tape.

Follow the various guides on here and you will be fine - simple 5 min fix for about $5. As for the pipes yes they get VERY Hot.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Right on that part, nothing REALLY prepared me for what I heard :D

Regarding the resistor, from what I figured from forums, you just simply connect it to the lower ones as shown in pic. Is that right?
Because the white wires on the male part on the exhaust are both on the bottom & they meet one white wire & one pink in the female part attached to the bike :confused:
Yes so you will need the resistors x 2 then some fork connectors like the picture below. So you can just stick onside into each terminal and wrap in tape.http://www-img.toolstation.com/images/library/stock/webbig/13962.jpg

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I couldn't find the right size connector so I tried putting the resistors directly in using their ends after bending. Worked ok for a while (FI off) then I guess one burned coz I saw one resistor with one end blacked out & lil smell :nailbiting::disapointed:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I couldn't find the right size connector so I tried putting the resistors directly in using their ends after bending. Worked ok for a while (FI off) then I guess one burned coz I saw one resistor with one end blacked out & lil smell :nailbiting::disapointed:
Well it is well worth getting the terminals you need fork terminals and preferably red ones as they are the right size. If you search a well known auction site they should come up im not sure if i can put on direct links so heres a shorterned one for you.

http://goo.gl/qHxud

GWalkaa

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I bought normal connectors & grind them to the right size.
But I didnt find 330 ohm 1/2 watt & the ones I got previously were 1/4 watt
Only found 270 ohm & 470 ohm. I'm gonna try the 270 first & see if it works

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well I bought normal connectors & grind them to the right size.
But I didnt find 330 ohm 1/2 watt & the ones I got previously were 1/4 watt
Only found 270 ohm & 470 ohm. I'm gonna try the 270 first & see if it works
Im not sure if you got the resistors yet but i could always send some over too you. When i bought mine i could only buy a pack of 20 so have a fair few left over.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts