Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one tried the Freedom Performce true duals? I am pretty much decided on getting these for my Vaq and I was just curious if there was anyone out there with them. I have some time to wait seeing as the black ones I want are sold out.:mad:

·
Registered
851 Posts
I've seen em, I like em. I wish I had em! lol! They are really nice pipes but I don't think to many people have them if any. I think the one problem with them is the price $800 to $900 is out outrageous for pipes.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the price is a little high but they look really nice and they even had a pic on Motorsport.com with them installed on my red vaquero.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay found these pipes for $890 on westendmotorsports.com. Not sure if they are in stock there because they normally don't post that info there but these just got added to their site so fingers crossed they are in stock and I will have them soon. Ray wish I lived even remotely close to you so you could do all the dyno work on this afterward. I will get pictures when they get here and they are installed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is an update...... The pipes are actually out of stock everywhere because they are a new item. Westendmotorsports is not expecting them to come in till July.:crying:

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
I'm curious as to how much clearance/lean angle you will lose with the size of those pipes. Maybe it's just the angle of the photo.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure either. But they have a full image of the bike shot on motosport.com.......you actually have to click on the pipes because the picture they show upfront is different from the from the actual photo.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Got them, Love them, 669 for chrome through amazon, do not effect lean angle at all. Mine are on the voyager that Diehard got to see.
I have a lot of info posted here with pics and video for you to see Blank.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got them, Love them, 669 for chrome through amazon, do not effect lean angle at all. Mine are on the voyager that Diehard got to see.
I have a lot of info posted here with pics and video for you to see Blank.
Oh I have seen your videos and pics shep. The ones I wanted are the black with a chrome tip. They actually show a picture of them installed on my red vaquero @ westendmotorsports.com Look sweet can wait to see how they feel and sound. I have watched your videos a couple times imagining the sweetness.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Oh I have seen your videos and pics shep. The ones I wanted are the black with a chrome tip. They actually show a picture of them installed on my red vaquero @ westendmotorsports.com Look sweet can wait to see how they feel and sound. I have watched your videos a couple times imagining the sweetness.
They are sweeeeet! Brother in law with a screamin eagle we rode all weekend with was truly impressed with these. Sis said they sound really good as they were following Us all weekend. Our turf and leading this weekend.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They are in

Got the pipes in today :) Sad part is the wife decided to have me run some errands as soon as I started to put them on (only got the saddle bags off) By the time I got home it was to late to continue and I don't have any light in the garage. Even worse is it is supposed to be raining for the next 5 days so not sure if I will be able to get them on until Tuesday. :eek: Oh well only 50% chance tomorrow so fingers crossed and the wife is happy that's what counts. Pictures and maybe even a video if I can figure that much out when they are finally on.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I can just feel the anticipation! I hate starting projects that I can't finish on schedule! You could put them on in the rain . . you probably get your bike wet from time to time anyway! Now lightening . . that's another problem altogether.

Got the pipes in today :) Sad part is the wife decided to have me run some errands as soon as I started to put them on (only got the saddle bags off) By the time I got home it was to late to continue and I don't have any light in the garage. Even worse is it is supposed to be raining for the next 5 days so not sure if I will be able to get them on until Tuesday. :eek: Oh well only 50% chance tomorrow so fingers crossed and the wife is happy that's what counts. Pictures and maybe even a video if I can figure that much out when they are finally on.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Sweetness is about to hit you up. You're going to love the look and sound. Got to keep our wifeys happy though so we can keep getting the goodies. I meant for the bike my man. Cant wait to see your pics and videos.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well magaed to get the pipes on during a long lunch today. Unfortunately no pics yet as I have not figured out how to do it from my phone. But when I can get them on my computer they will be added. For now a little review.

the sound on these are great with a low base and not abnoxiously loud. There is a nice little power bump even though everything else is still stock. (Power commander to go on tomorrow osaturday. and still waiting for intake from thunder) despite waiting for the other mods there is very little to no decel ppopping. Oh and did I mention they look great. Once the rain stops I will grab the camera and try and get some on here.

Tips for future people installing these....... for the front pipe near head face the heat shield clamps for the top 2 towards the aft as will be easier to tighten them. For the aft pipe heat shield near header make the second one down face aft. Other than those tips they installed super easy in my opinion

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Well magaed to get the pipes on during a long lunch today. Unfortunately no pics yet as I have not figured out how to do it from my phone. But when I can get them on my computer they will be added. For now a little review.

the sound on these are great with a low base and not abnoxiously loud. There is a nice little power bump even though everything else is still stock. (Power commander to go on tomorrow osaturday. and still waiting for intake from thunder) despite waiting for the other mods there is very little to no decel ppopping. Oh and did I mention they look great. Once the rain stops I will grab the camera and try and get some on here.

Tips for future people installing these....... for the front pipe near head face the heat shield clamps for the top 2 towards the aft as will be easier to tighten them. For the aft pipe heat shield near header make the second one down face aft. Other than those tips they installed super easy in my opinion
Very good description. Sweet sounds, deep and not obnoxious. Rays throttle Mod is super easy and also helps. Twist,Vroom,GO. Can't wait to see the pics. We all want video too!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts