Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, October/2012
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have the sharp curve radius pipes from Freedom performance? I just bought a set but was still curious if anybody had them..they are the "ground pounder" style, IMO they're some of the best looking pipes available for the 900. I just received them today but am currently fighting a pretty high fever and it may be a couple of days before they're installed...one thing i can say is that they look incredible in the box lol. so while im trying to get better the next best thing is talk about them on the internet... :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
A have a set of these that arrived last Saturday. I hope to install them this weekend. I agree that they look really good and they have to be an improvement in sound over stock.

·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats why i like them so much, they do look like a shorter version of swepts. actually jug huggers and swepts were some of the ones i was strongly considering but then i came across these. i like the more curved look yet i didnt like how the swepts were so long

·
Registered
23 Posts
That bike in the video is mine. This exhaust is really nice. I went on my first ride with them last weekend and I love them. They were easy to install too. I put em on by myself in about 45 minutes. What finish did you get?

·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i got the chrome finish. did you just upgrade from stock? are they pretty loud? as soon as i can get rid of this cold/flu/virus, whatever the hell it is, the first thing i plan on doing is putting these pipes on

·
Registered
23 Posts
yeah, I was running stock exhaust before, and these are pretty loud, but a good loud, to me anyways. I did break down and order the rear scoot works pulley because of the annoying high rpms at highway speeds (never really noticed with stock exhaust), but that's mainly because I ride a lot of open roads at 55 and up. I'll report on that when I get it and install it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I got the chrome finish also. I'm estimating by your 45 minute install time that it should take me no more than 5 or 6 hours to put them on.

·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^ now thats what i call confidence.....LOL

·
Registered
262 Posts
I had some time this evening so I thought I would tackle this project. The instructions were pretty clear-cut, and the old exhaust came off without a hitch. Forty-five minute install time was looking entirely reasonable. Now on with the new, right? Wrong! The crush gaskets they sent me are too big. Hopefully I can find the right size tomorrow.

·
Registered
742 Posts

·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I bought mine from JC motors. Ordered on Sunday and they were waiting for me when I got home on Wednesday.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I agree need pics I have cobra swepts but I would like them shorter like these.

·
Registered
390 Posts
i got those on my v2k. Not sure how they sound on the 9 but they sound great on the 2k

Dude that bike is absolutely beautiful, that is my dream bike over most Harley's.

I would still take a fat boy first. But man I don't know I love the engine size of the V2K and just the raw torque and overall hp. Impressed big time!!! :D

1 - 20 of 71 Posts