Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I searched and didnt find any info on the Freedom Performance combat 2 into 1 exhaust.

so i bought them and will run them and report and video.

has anybody else run them? opinions? any tuning afterward?

link http://www.freedomperform.com/kawasaki/vaquero-nomad-combat-2-into-1

going on to my 2014 Vaquero

tag words for search: 2-into-1, exhaust, performance, two into one

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
tried to get a dyno sheet from them to no avail, seems dumb to sell it as a performance pipe and not back it up...

"We don’t have a sheet at the moment, however let me point that this system is a racing system, meaning that our headers are made in steps starting a t 1.750” to 1.875” to 2.000” and our muffler baffle is made in steps as well 2.500” to 3.000”. the biggest in the industry therefore the one with better performance and deepest sound. V&H system can’t compete with ours."

·
Registered
101 Posts
I put them on my classic about 2weeks ago. Sound is subjective but...
They are loud to be a baffled set of pipes. One of the other members made the point that keeps running through my head 2pipes one baffle. Makes a lot of sense. I have a ton of decel pop. Getting a fuel processor today. Im going with the Cobra FP 2000. I like the constant tweak and no drilling my pipes to get.it to work.
I can seriosly feel the performance difference. Looking forward to the ride home with the new processor. I'll let you know how it goes.
Jimmy D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I ordered these yesterday and they arive today!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got them installed, took about an hour and half taking my time. i took video along the way and will post a link when its all compiled

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
101 Posts
J,
I got the FI2000 installed and it was an epic failure. If you need a tweak after your pipes are installed get the PC5. I have another thread running about it but,the Cobra unit runs like crap on my bike. Some folks on other forums have had better results. Icant echo their success.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Nice video, I ordered them a month ago and waiting for a good day to install. I have the V&H 2-1 pro pipe but I don't like them.. Also I have the
EJK tuner so I think I'll be fine. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just couldn't do that to my bike, I like the dual exhaust look on her to much.
im performance minded, besides i like 2 into 1 looks, and i cant see it when im riding anyway

·
Registered
440 Posts
im performance minded, besides i like 2 into 1 looks, and i cant see it when im riding anyway
I think it looks cool plus it gives you more torque and you can use 6th gear in everyday riding. :)

·
Registered
440 Posts
HI, I did the install today and went for a ride, WOW, I'm impressed and I enjoyed the deep bark when twisting the throttle, but humble while cruising. Tomorrow I'll go for a long ride and I may have to adjust the fuel.. Overall I'm happy

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
The great thing about the EJK is I'll find the sweet spot with these pipes, Like I did with the V&H pro pipe.. This is my final set of pipes it's getting ridiculous to keep swapping pipes, But I found the sound I always wanted. so in my garage there are three set of pipes , stock pipes , cobra tri ovals, V&H pro pipe.. lol and 5 windshields , I think I need therapy ... It's going to be a great day for riding and tune the fuel.. :D

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
The great thing about the EJK is I'll find the sweet spot with these pipes, Like I did with the V&H pro pipe.. This is my final set of pipes it's getting ridiculous to keep swapping pipes, But I found the sound I always wanted. so in my garage there are three set of pipes , stock pipes , cobra tri ovals, V&H pro pipe.. lol and 5 windshields , I think I need therapy ... It's going to be a great day for riding and tune the fuel.. :D
64, m/c is therepy.. riding and wrenching.. there a pee.. watt you need is 'nuther bike or two. back ups. so you can wrench and ride at your leisure. poncho

·
Registered
51 Posts
HI, I did the install today and went for a ride, WOW, I'm impressed and I enjoyed the deep bark when twisting the throttle, but humble while cruising. Tomorrow I'll go for a long ride and I may have to adjust the fuel.. Overall I'm happy

Jase64, did you have to install a tuner when you put hose tri-ovals on?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Jase64, did you have to install a tuner when you put hose tri-ovals on?
Yes I did, it was popping like crazy on deceleration. Going through the Cobra FI2000at then to the EJK it's only $250.00 and you can add fuel down to idle.. which helps with the popping, The combo with the EJK and FP 2-1 I havnt had any popping what so ever(crossing finger, knocking on wood) , Yesterday I tried to make it pop , all I got was s nice rumble.. it must be in the many steps from the header pipes to the baffles and out..5 in all preventing reversion :D

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey stitch, I pm'd you. For other wanting this I cut a pice of steel with a small lip on it in the shape of a mailbox flag, cut 2holes that match the front mount and 2 on the top of the "flag" end. A little flatblack paint and it looks like it grew there. Got compliments on it from the dealer. He thought it came with the pipes. Not being much of a wrench man that lifted me up a bit.

Good luck,
Jimmy D

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
I have had the FP 2-1 on my skoot for bout a week now. I had a nice surprise yesterday, went around a tight right hand corner and hit the floor board and NOT the pipe, I haven't been able to do that for the whole time I have had the smansch and smines on my skoot.

Was a nice surprise but I still have to get the precautionary mind set I have had and re-learn how to lean this thing over in those right handers and the trust that goes along with it.

YIPPEE!!!

RACNRAY

1 - 20 of 28 Posts