Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

freedom exhaust no more KAW DUALS?????

4K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  hockeynut52 
#1 ·
OK Ive tried twice to contact get non working number and the website does not list duals for any Kawasaki let alone the 1700 nomad mines an 09 I heard the other years will fit! whats up did they stop production or problems in ?????

#2 ·
Here's a link just to give you the idea that the same FP true duel Exhaust will fit the nomad, Vaquero and the Voyager. And you'll notice it says 2010 and up but there is a member "shepsvoyager" that installed the MK00008 exhaust on his 09 Voyager so I'm almost positive they'll fit your 09 Nomad. If you have a local Kawi dealer go in and ask them about them for your bike. I ordered mine thru my local dealer for my Vaquero and they were right in the ballpark when it came to price and they had em within 3-4 days. I hope this helped!

http://www.westendmotorsports.com/nomad-1700voyager-exhaust-freedom-performance-c-1733_1736_3458_6386.html

#5 ·
Out of curiosity, did you get the standard "Power Thrust" or optional "Quiet" baffles. Also, is there any need/benefit to remap the fuel injection? Back when I had my Concours, I was able to install a slip-on with little less restriction, that just used up the extra richness usually programmed in the stock profiles. It picked me up an extra 6 Horsepower without the cost of a reflash. I wouldn't expect that much gain with the 1700, but an extra 2 or 3 HP would be nice.

#6 ·
I had the standard baffles that came installed. When I ordered the FPE the bike already had a PCV, tornado breather and D&D slip-ons. The big power gain was already added with the breather/PCV and all the FPE did for me was make the bike sound awesome. IMO...Installing and mapping my PCV made difference and you could feel a little more HP and the more I ran it the better the MPG I got, upper 40mpg and sometimes I hit 50+ mpg. I'm a big believer in the PCV!

#3 ·
When Shep got his for the Voyager, they only listed them for the Vaquero, but they are all the same. Sound is personal, but I think his sounds pretty damn good. Should all be the same from 09 to I believe the 2015s, Nomads, Vaqueros, and Voyagers.

#4 ·
Unless your friends are already deaf, don't surprised if they ask you to ride tail, or leave a lot of distance behind you. An acquaintance of mine has FL exhaust on his Harley. Way to many decibels to ride staggered behind him. Get in front and barely hear him.
I can't sneak off on my Voyager with the stock exhaust after 50,000 miles on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.