Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Vaquero. I have been considering switching out the stock exhaust for the black/chrome tipped Freedom 5 step pipes. Two questions
1- has anyone used these pipes on a Kawai 1700?
2 - would changing up the exhaust impact my warranty? I still have 2 years remaining.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks again - ordering today the price is right even though the shipping and handling will be brutal to Canada

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have a 2011 Vaquero. I have been considering switching out the stock exhaust for the black/chrome tipped Freedom 5 step pipes. Two questions
1- has anyone used these pipes on a Kawai 1700?
2 - would changing up the exhaust impact my warranty? I still have 2 years remaining.
Thanks!!
When I got my 900 ClassicLT I asked deal about replaceing the exhaust would void my warranty in any way, and he said no! I don't see it being any different with our 1700's.
There has been a few members that gone with these pipe and are very happy with them. I've got to hear these pipe on a Voyager and they sound awesome, your gonna really enjoy these pipes.
Some on the forum seem to think you lose low end torque when you install true duels, I would really like for you to give your opinion on the FPE after you get them install and go for a ride. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
When I got my 900 ClassicLT I asked deal about replaceing the exhaust would void my warranty in any way, and he said no! I don't see it being any different with our 1700's.
There has been a few members that gone with these pipe and are very happy with them. I've got to hear these pipe on a Voyager and they sound awesome, your gonna really enjoy these pipes.
Some on the forum seem to think you lose low end torque when you install true duels, I would really like for you to give your opinion on the FPE after you get them install and go for a ride. Thanks!
Not on a voyager Rod. On Thee Voyager. LOL. I been on another thread here with Rick. He will love them pipes. I think another member also posted a link for Rick about my pipes with all the videos and pics.
Rick, we want videos and pictures when you can.
Shep

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to everyone for their comments and feedback. I picked up the black/ chrome tip version from Amazon for $713.00 plus exchange, freight etc. It took about 2.5 hours to get the stock pipes off and the true duals on the bike. They look even better than I had imagined on my black Vaquero. Added the solo Kawi seat and solo luggage rack at the same time and a Klock Werks windshield a couple of days later. The pipes sound very loud in my garage and there is too much snow to take the bike outside. I have ordered the quiet baffle option from Freedom and they were shipped today from California. I will post pictures and video once the baffles are installed. I know some of you have added a Power Commander - can you tell me what map you used in the event that I go there?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts