Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you with the charcoal metallic frames, I've found a match that to me looks identical, Duplicolor Ford CX touch up paint. I've put off touching up some stone chips on the frame of my 06 classic now for 2 years and after giving the bike its once every 7 years weather it needs it or not bath, I made it a mission to find a matching paint. Since Colorite or Kawasaki does not list the frame color, I did some research and found some using Rustoleum Metallic Charcoal, which I guess is fine but nobody had any near me so I went to Autozone and poked around and came up with above. It's pretty convienient since it comes in a brush bottle that also has a pen type tip for small chips. I wish kawasaki could have used just basic black on the frame.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
[QUOTEI wish kawasaki could have used just basic black on the frame.[/QUOTE]I wish Kawasaki had spent a few more bucks and powder coated the frame instead of painting it. '10 Custom SE, matte black with metallic gray frame.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[QUOTEI wish kawasaki could have used just basic black on the frame.
I wish Kawasaki had spent a few more bucks and powder coated the frame instead of painting it. '10 Custom SE, matte black with metallic gray frame.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with you. It's a nice bike but I'm finding paint flaking off welded areas on the frame. I think Kawasaki could step up the build quality a bit. I've got an 03 Honda that is holding up perfectly. Honda has better build quality IMHO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts