Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
1. Harley front end neck (so little aftermarket support for japanese front ends)
2. reinforced gusset
3. extended mounts for forward controls
4. very universal area for a multitude of boxes/faux oil tanks/lunchboxes etc... for electronics
5. SINGLE bar spine
6. go back to the "shocks" being on the rear axle mount - so you can lower it like a hard tail but still have some buffering without just taking off shocks and replacing them with struts

·
Registered
440 Posts
I like Dusty's idea. That would be of immense value.

OH ... and I would see if you could make the body side of the swingarm spot adjustable or put the swingarms on the OUTSIDE so you could widen the rear without so much work.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
A friend of mine and I are working on a bike project.The only bikes we own are my 900 custom and his old 84 goldwing.Therefore my 900 is our test mule so to speak.He owned a drag shop in burbank california,specializing in making dragster frames.He is a master tig welder and fabricator.He has the blueprints from a 41 Indian he was going to use to make a frame from chrome moly.That is still his dream to build a bike similar to an old indian.Kiwi does that already but anyhting this guy does will be better than theirs.I personally feel the possibilities are wide open for anyone in metric customizing, and especially in this displacement class.Thats my whole basis for this project.I have seen a jillion big twins,road stars,1100 yamahas,1500 vulcans,etc done already.I know the masses want a blue collar bobber bolton project.Thats OK.But I prefer if its one shot I got at having a custom bike,since I am not rich, to make it a true custom.

Start with the frame, then a guy can buy anything he or she wants to bolt onto it.Stock frames have very little versatility.

My dream will be to have my bike all with custom metalwork and frame and to see its picture in a magazine some day.We both have families and fulltime jobs so time is precious.The guy Mike Brandt of Amen choppers said it best.He said take something simple and make something beautiful.after all, a mercedes starts out as piles of metal.Give some wood to 2 guys.One makes an apple crate, the other a Stradivarius.What makes the difference,mr.Stradivarius.To me motorcycles are somewhat an obsession,so simple and yetso efficient a mode of transportation.Why not have one that is a work of Art.

This is not a joke, we are really going to do this.I expect you will want to see pictures.I probably have some typos here.Sorry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts