Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
Ever tipped the bike over or laid it down? They say there are 2 kinds of riders. Those who have laid it down and those who will. I have and the crash bar/engine guard made it so there was absolutely no damage to anything but a scuff on the under side of the engine guard. Which cannot be seen. Just saying an engine does just that, it guards anything from damage.

I do not know of any frame mounted pegs. But mine are mounted to the floor boards. I like the look and feel of em. Here's a cpl pics.

Attachments

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
Deputy I'm diggin those pegs! Do they fold up? Can you post some details like MFR, PN, etc.?

Thanks!
Yes they fold up. Here's the link to the Kuryakyn site. Can get them cheaper on amazon. Or at least with free shipping. Granted there isn't as much adjustability as with an engine guard mount. But fine for me none the less.

Adjustable Cruise Peg Mounts | Highway & Cruise Pegs | Pegs & Foot Controls | Kuryakyn

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002Q1FFY2/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
Granted by the time you get the mounts and the pegs you probably spending as much as an engine guard would cost. But they are unique none the less. My cousin and I are the only other people I know that have them mounted this way. Keep us posted with what your final set up is.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Deputyloud, those look like something I'd use. I have seen some frame mounted setups and feel they would not work well with my long legs. What kills me is the cost of those adapters. But that's Kury for you.

Thanks.

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
Deputyloud, those look like something I'd use. I have seen some frame mounted setups and feel they would not work well with my long legs. What kills me is the cost of those adapters. But that's Kury for you.

Thanks.
I find myself using them in various ways. Sometimes I leave my heel on the board and just rest the toes out on the pegs. Bit of a half way gesture. Our even heels on top of the pegs. They are in a good spot for versatility and control. Not as taxing and being completely stretched out on the engine guard mounted setup which I have on my Glide.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ever tipped the bike over or laid it down? They say there are 2 kinds of riders. Those who have laid it down and those who will. I have and the crash bar/engine guard made it so there was absolutely no damage to anything but a scuff on the under side of the engine guard. Which cannot be seen. Just saying an engine does just that, it guards anything from damage.

I do not know of any frame mounted pegs. But mine are mounted to the floor boards. I like the look and feel of em. Here's a cpl pics.
Will you please tell us who sells the pegs you mentioned? I really like them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts