Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've seen some threads from way back about guys putting air ride in older vulcans (800s 1500s 1600s even a 2000) but I haven't seen anyone do it with a 900 (let alone a newer model)

I'm going for the "Mini Street glide Bagger" look, toying with the idea of putting a 21" spoked wheel on my classic, lowering it a about 1" front/rear and putting air ride in the back with a SHORT flip center stand to "set it on the frame" when I park it.

But I haven't found anyone who's done it, to see if it's even possible. I get that with enough time and a welder anything is possible but I'm trying to minimize the amount of chopping as I daily the bike and I do all my own work.

Anyone out there put air ride in there's?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi J, it's been a while since I was on here. I am in the process of making my 900 a bagger and I will be putting an air shock, pump, electric center stand on my bike. The usual issue is that everything is made for HD so you will need to custom make or modify an HD system. I bound a set of correct length air shocks on eBay and purchased a pump to drive them. I am still in the process of setting it up as the HD are dual shock and the 900 is mono. I will let you know what the outcome is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man I'd love to see how that comes out. I never thought of doing an electric center stand although that would make a lot of sense. I still have to get out there and get some measurements on my bike for things I'd need but as far as flying by keyboard I found this: [ame]https://www.amazon.com/Big-Boar-Suspension-lowering-VULCAN/dp/B07H9H55H2[/ame]

Idk if that would even work for what we're trying to accomplish but might be an easier option than a HD kit conversion?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts