Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent a PM to someone with these pipes but they won't get back to me, so I'm starting a thread. I would just like to know if there are any issues or anything I should look out for when installing Freedom Performance True Duals on my 2012 Voyager.....should be doing it this weekend. Any opinions and info would be welcome.

Thanks

·
Registered
851 Posts
Ok here's a couple of hints for the install!
1) Get new header seals from the dealer cost about $6 each
2) Install the heat shield loosly on the header pipes so you can still get to the head bolts to install the headers, trust me you'll be glad you did it this way.
Your gonna love the sound these pipes have!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok here's a couple of hints for the install!
1) Get new header seals from the dealer cost about $6 each
2) Install the heat shield loosly on the header pipes so you can still get to the head bolts to install the headers, trust me you'll be glad you did it this way.
Your gonna love the sound these pipes have!
Thanks for the quick reply, I will be sure to do that. I do love the sound of these pipes in all the video's I've seen them in.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply, I will be sure to do that. I do love the sound of these pipes in all the video's I've seen them in.
Well throw the video away, lol! Video doesn't do these pipes or any other pipes any justice. These pipes sound so much better in person.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well throw the video away, lol! Video doesn't do these pipes or any other pipes any justice. These pipes sound so much better in person.

LOL, Ya that's what I've been told :cool:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Totally agree with all Diehard said, also:
1: Be sure to look at which direction the screws on the heat shield clamps are facing for easy access,(not all easy to get to).
2: Their picture confused me on the black bracket that comes with it, took a while to figure it out, but it goes under the right side and holds the clamp for the cross over tube, two screws come out and are replaced with the provided ones.
All in all about 3 1/2 hours start to finish with confussion time.
End result is AWESOME!!! You will Love it.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Totally agree with all Diehard said, also:
1: Be sure to look at which direction the screws on the heat shield clamps are facing for easy access,(not all easy to get to).
2: Their picture confused me on the black bracket that comes with it, took a while to figure it out, but it goes under the right side and holds the clamp for the cross over tube, two screws come out and are replaced with the provided ones.
All in all about 3 1/2 hours start to finish with confussion time.
End result is AWESOME!!! You will Love it.
Good to know. I'll definitely keep all this in mind when I do the install....also I didn't realize there was a crossover in these pipes

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not only do they sound GREAT they look Bad A$$ as well, and we have the same bike

Excellent...that is one fine looking machine !! :)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey thanks for the effort, but for some reason the e-mail did not come through

·
Registered
117 Posts
The cross over is the pipe from the front head goes under to the left side, not connected but crosses to the other side.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The cross over is the pipe from the front head goes under to the left side, not connected but crosses to the other side.
I was just thinking that, thanks for clarifying......forgot to engage brain beforehand

·
Registered
117 Posts
I almost forgot, I did have a small burr in the right muffler that kept it from going on all the way, a little dremel time inside the front of the muffler and it went right on.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You bet, always good to check fitment first :)

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hey thanks for the effort, but for some reason the e-mail did not come through
I clicked on the email you sent me...I've never had problems before. Im not at home right now but when I get home about a half hour I will try sending it again. Sorry

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I almost forgot, I did have a small burr in the right muffler that kept it from going on all the way, a little dremel time inside the front of the muffler and it went right on.
Sorry for the slow response Guys. Just worked 6 12 hour shifts, and aint been all here.
I believe I had a burr or weld slag in 1 of the welded on nuts in the muffler brackets. Bolt seized before completely tight. When i tried to back it out the dang bolt twisted off. I had to drill it out, then modify a nut to fit in the minimal clearance i had to be able to have 2 bolts on that muffler. This cost Me an extra hour on My install. Total 4 hour install. Neighbors probably liked My 4 a.m. test ride than night.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks to everyone who shared tips and knowledge, it is greatly appreciated. I should have them installed by early next week and will upload a video to YouTube to share when that is done.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Sorry for the slow response Guys. Just worked 6 12 hour shifts, and aint been all here.
I believe I had a burr or weld slag in 1 of the welded on nuts in the muffler brackets. Bolt seized before completely tight. When i tried to back it out the dang bolt twisted off. I had to drill it out, then modify a nut to fit in the minimal clearance i had to be able to have 2 bolts on that muffler. This cost Me an extra hour on My install. Total 4 hour install. Neighbors probably liked My 4 a.m. test ride than night.
Thats funny Mike because I just got off a 12hr shift and it took me 4hrs to install the pipes without the problems you had but it took me forever to figure out where the support bracket went. I was so tired I bitched the pipes all the on. lol!

Another tip....Don't do install after working 12hrs!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thats funny Mike because I just got off a 12hr shift and it took me 4hrs to install the pipes without the problems you had but it took me forever to figure out where the support bracket went. I was so tired I bitched the pipes all the on. lol!

Another tip....Don't do install after working 12hrs!
Ya, I'm in the "trying to figure out where the support bracket goes" phase, could you clue me in

·
Registered
851 Posts
If you look where the cross over goea thru on the front side of the cross over you will see some kinda piece that has 2 bolts in it, might be attached maybe to the frame. Theres only one place it can attach and the othe thick bracket slide one to the cross over befoe you atttach it together then that will bolt into the black L bracket. Hope this help!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 33 Posts