Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
In some ways I liked it without the shield. But my wife couldn't handle the wind without it. Her neck is as strong as a bobblehead.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Looks great!

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
There is a thread in general vulcan discussions ..."the money shot' That bridge shot sure would look good in there, thats a real nice color bike to ... very cool.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
That's why I LOVE having a MS batwing (quick release). It's almost like having 2 bikes. I much prefer riding w/o a shield, but on long trips or c-c-cold days it's a must.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I always think these bikes look better without the shields. But the parachute effect that my half helmet gives tend to pull my head off at about 50mph. So I always ride with my shield. I have the Memphis Shades quick release which makes cleaning a lot easier.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea I think it looks great but after I have been riding around now for a few days.

Its time to put the shield back on, If I could keep it below 50 it would be ok

but 50 and above the wind noise is incredible.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I wish my 09 Classic were red & silver like yours. I see you also have kept the exhaust stock, which I think sounds & looks great as is. Are the tires stock size or larger? One sharp machine!

·
Registered
782 Posts
It's not my bike, but just looking at the picture I think those are the stock tire size. But I don't think those are the original Dunnies. They also are not the Metzlers. Pirellis maybe?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Great presentation on the bike Chuck, really liked the film footage, beautiful machine. I have a black 2007,classic, bought it about month and a half ago and love it. I had the 2005, Vulcan 1500, got lil heavy for me ,so I downsized only on weight not performance. Vetone

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Night Dragons are Awesome

Yep Pirelli Night Dragons Stock size front, 200 Rear.

only got 4400 miles out of the stock rear, changed them both

to match. Yep stock pipes too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts