Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching and reading for a few weeks trying to find a shield that wouldn't screw up the looks of my Custom SE and I think I found one. Well it looks good to me at least. What do you guys think?

I couldn't find one picture on all the interwebs with this shield on a 900 custom so here it is for anyone else who may be looking.

Memphis Shades Speed Demon with Black Trigger Lock System. It's a fork mounted upgrade to the original bar mounted Demon Shield.

Also threw on some Kuryakyn ISO Transformer Grips that my local shop gave me a steal on because another customer ordered and never picked up. I think I am going to change out the end caps to the stiletto's though. I think they look sweet.

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
How good is it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very good. It's my first windshield but after two rides I think it works well. Shoots the wind right up to the top of my helmet. It has been pretty windy for both rides so lots of gusts and cross winds but when they die down it's a noticeable improvement. Rode in 50 degrees this am and it helped me not to freeze. That's really why I got it anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I installed the same windshield on sunday on my custom se. It doesn't block all the wind but it is a big inprovement. how was the install of the iso grips. I have a black set of them but have not put them on yet

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Didn't expect it to block all the wind but much better than the cafe shield hitch seems to be the only other that looks good from what I read

The grips were simple except the glue they came with was hard. Ended up using gorilla glue on the left. Worked great.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
169 Posts
the left one is gonna be a bi$%h but the right is easy just be careful with the cables.
Simply peel the left stock off & push the new one in.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
I have been searching and reading for a few weeks trying to find a shield that wouldn't screw up the looks of my Custom SE and I think I found one. Well it looks good to me at least. What do you guys think?

I couldn't find one picture on all the interwebs with this shield on a 900 custom so here it is for anyone else who may be looking.

Memphis Shades Speed Demon with Black Trigger Lock System. It's a fork mounted upgrade to the original bar mounted Demon Shield.

Also threw on some Kuryakyn ISO Transformer Grips that my local shop gave me a steal on because another customer ordered and never picked up. I think I am going to change out the end caps to the stiletto's though. I think they look sweet.
Looks great on the custom. My son has the same shield on his Meanstreak and loves the look. Provides him some good protection. You won't feel so beat up after a day long ride either.

·
Registered
273 Posts
i like it. same winshield as mine, except i got the all clear, or "solar" as they call it. I thought it was the best looking too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just put the clear/solar version on my classic last week with chrome trigger lock. quite an improvement over riding with no shield and looks good too imo...

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts
I found one that don't look crappy as well !!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I always thought they looked weird on our customs. Your set up definitely changed my opinion! Looks very nice.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Very nice. I have the 09 SE and was sold on the OEM cafe, seen a guy on here used black plastidip and it went well with the bike. But now you have me thinking this may be much nicer for highway speeds. Took my first ride on the highway yesterday and felt like a bobble head with no windshield lol.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have the memphis Alley Cat on my 2009SE. Blocks just enough wind without spoiling the look of the bike, although I only use it on the hwy, in town I go naked.

·
Registered
273 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Windscreen

I have an MRA Vario screen (the one in two halves where the upper part slides up or down depending on what height you want) on my 2007 VN900 Classic ,but I cannot get any permutation of screen arrangement that does not cause buffeting. The only way to avoid buffeting seems to be to use just the lower screen set at a very low angle but this is hardly satisfactory.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts