Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, still new at this so plz bear with me.
I have a 05 VN 800 classic, picked her up for a decent price and she is fun to ride. Having said that she needs some upgrades. Bike has (I'm guessing) stock forward controls. Being 6'5 this is great but I feel somewhat cramped with my long legs. I have been looking for new ones but having a really hard time finding anything that isn't way more than my wallet (or wife) will allow. Also when searching sites show me everything but what I'm looking for. Anyone have an answer to my issue? I need longer than stock and something more than just a foot peg for the size 15 I sport. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I sincerely hope someone answers your post b/c I’m having the exact same issue. In mid-June I purchased a 2001 800VNB Classic. I’m a 5’ 10” woman and have always ridden big Harley baggers. The end of 2021, I had shoulder surgery. Have all my range of motion, but not all the strength is back so I needed a lighter bike while still strength. This 800 is half the weight of my big bikes and she’s fast! I really like the bike, but hate the pegs and the cramped forward controls. Feels like my knees are going to my chin. I have acquired a set of Cobra driver’s footboards. I’m hoping someone knows of an extension kit for the forward controls.

·
Super Moderator
1,057 Posts
Reactions: Redhead Kat

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the 10 second Google search, I also found those but I thought it was only to extend what was on the bike, I was looking for new everything. But your response is much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1,057 Posts
New controls link is new everything.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Man.... If those forward controls wouldnt conflict with my highway bar setup I'd jump all over those 4" extensions. I'm 6'2 and size 13 shoes. My toes already sometimes rub the highway bars lol.

·
Registered
01' VN800B
126 Posts
I have those "tarazon" chinese knock offs. They are honestly okay quality, polished up nice. Boy do they lead to a lot more vibration in the feet compared to stock.

This pair looks similar to the Jardine brand forward controls which were the flagship when these bikes were still in production. Your best bet I think would be checking ebay occasionally and praying for an auction on a parted-out bike.

·
Super Moderator
1,057 Posts
I have those "tarazon" chinese knock offs. They are honestly okay quality, polished up nice. Boy do they lead to a lot more vibration in the feet compared to stock.
Of course. Those big rubber pads on the stockers absorb a lot. Stick a 1/2" of rubber on the tarazons and you won't feel a thing. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts