Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have forward controls on my bike and would like to add floorboards or pegs so i will have more than one sitting position, any suggestions??? thanks in advance. jim

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I don't understand the question. Are you looking to add floorboards? highway pegs? Reread your question and you will understand my confusion.

·
Registered
658 Posts
are you trying to add a set of pegs midset to you have an alternate foot position? Highway bars might be an option of you have an engine guard...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have the stock forward controls on my bike. i would like to add floorboards, more pegs or something so i will have more than one sitting postion. when my arse starts getting sore, i would like to change my sitting postion but cant with stock controls only. help this helps. thanks, jim

·
Registered
658 Posts
from what I understand you can swap floorboards from a 900 classic.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
from what I understand you can swap floorboards from a 900 classic.
Yup. They share the same frame, so there should be holes to just bolt em right on.
This is true but you need the shift and brake linkage too, from everything I have read. I think your best bet would be to add some highway bars with pegs first. The floorboards are really expensive unless you find someone who wants to trade you straight up.

·
Registered
55 Posts
On the highway you can try kicking your feet back to the passenger pegs. Sounds ridiculous, but they really aren't that far back. Feels pretty weird the first couple of times, but it does help.

·
Registered
135 Posts
doesn't really add extra seating positions but have you considered maybe a set of forward control extensions? moves the forward controls up 2 more inches. bought mine from grumpywirth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts