Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
sounds like it would be great. I think im going to replace my foot boards with something half the size. they make these triangle shaped ones. im probably going with them

·
Registered
381 Posts
I am about to convert my nomad from foot boards to forward controls. Has anybody else done this, if so, how have you found the new riding position.
I considered replacing my Nomad foot board mounts with the ones from the Classic since they are place farther forward but unfortunately they are not compatible with the Nomad's crashbars or cruise control brake sensor.

Does anyone know if the Vaquero foot boards are farther forward like the Classic?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I considered replacing my Nomad foot board mounts with the ones from the Classic since they are place farther forward but unfortunately they are not compatible with the Nomad's crashbars or cruise control brake sensor.

Does anyone know if the Vaquero foot boards are farther forward like the Classic?
Yep I have just recived the forward controls and have found that it going to be fun fitting them, as the brake line is not long enough, and the cruise control switch will have to be accommodated somehow. With bit of fiddling around I am sure I can overcome the problems ahead.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Robert & Matt

I'm trying to replace my floorboards with forward controls also. Can you share on the details and bit more as to where you bought the forward controls and well as which brand and any problems, etc...

Thanks, Craig

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I have forward controls on the Mean Streak. Love the ride. Wouldn't want my legs that close to the 1700 engine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I like the forward controls on the mean streak. I wonder if the bolt setup is similar to the vaquero. I also noticed that highway crash bar look like they are retractable. I'm I seeing that right? Did you do that because the forward controls moved too far forward? Do you have any pictures of the other side if the bike that you can show?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Forward Controls

I did buy a set of forward controls through mean cycles I think. It was some time ago so the memory is a bit vague. Anyway they were not suitable as you would have had to be about 6ft 6 plus to reach the pegs. They would have also compromised the crash bars, which I did not want. I had to get the grey matter into gear and after a lot of thought I came up with the idea to modify them myself using standard footrest brackets and some of the parts I had paid for for the forward controls. Send me your emil address and I can send you some pictures . My email address is [email protected]

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I like the forward controls on the mean streak. I wonder if the bolt setup is similar to the vaquero. I also noticed that highway crash bar look like they are retractable. I'm I seeing that right? Did you do that because the forward controls moved too far forward? Do you have any pictures of the other side if the bike that you can show?

Those are the Kawasaki engine guards. That is the way they are mounted to protect the engine in a slide. No adjustability. The forward controls move your feet about 6 inches forward and 2 inches up from stock. It is a reach if you don't have 33 inch legs or longer. I do have mini floorboards that flip down on the forwards.

The forwards are by Jardine.

Here are some additional photos.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks good. That's for the pictures. I'm thinking that my Vulcan Vaquero's bolt configuration might be different than the mean streak. I was hoping it was the same. It tough to get this stuff right without a lot of work. and wasted money.

Thanks again, Craig

1 - 13 of 13 Posts