Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 09 Custom fork seal is leaking on the right fork. How much would something like that cost to have fixed at a shop or dealer? It has less than 6000 miles on it and I do not ride hard. Just some bad roads here I guess. Thanks for your help.:(

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
My 09 Custom fork seal is leaking on the right fork. How much would something like that cost to have fixed at a shop or dealer? It has less than 6000 miles on it and I do not ride hard. Just some bad roads here I guess. Thanks for your help.:(
Before you break out the checkbook try this. Pry the dust seal away from the outer tube to expose the oil seal. now take a 35mm film negative and gently insert it between the seal and the inner tube. With a sawing motion go completely around the inner tube a couple of times. The small holes in the negative will collect any dirt that may have gotten between the seal and the tube. Wipe everything down and re-install the dust seal. Motion Pro also sells something similar that is used to clean seals. It's worth a shot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
How come i new thought of that, great suggestion, i replace seals once and after taking them out and having a look i noticed some crap in the lip that was probably causing the leak, also change both at the same time, sucks to do 1 then a month later the other starts leaking

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I will try that first. I appreciate it. I hope it works so I don't have to go to the shop.Worth a shot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts