Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Vulcan 1700 Classic that
I am preparing to sell and noticed I have a front fork leak ( probably from the last time it was tied down improperly) so I have ordered the fork oil and seals and dust rings. I am needing to find out how much fork oil I am supposed to refill with. Needing to know the Gap measurement from the top if possible. Anyone with a service manual able to assist?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks Du-Ron. It looks like that's for the Nomad manual and I guess that's what confused me searching the net for the classic manual. I wasn't sure if it was the same or not. Could u tell me, is the classic the vn1700 "J" or "K"?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
one word of advice, don't rely on the Clymers Manuals for accurate information, just sayin

·
Registered
295 Posts
Thanks Du-Ron. It looks like that's for the Nomad manual and I guess that's what confused me searching the net for the classic manual. I wasn't sure if it was the same or not. Could u tell me, is the classic the vn1700 "J" or "K"?
I am betting there is not enough difference to matter. Go with 480 ml oil and you should be good. There is a sticker on your frame that will tell you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts