Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I got my forks off and the oil Drained from the bottom plug. Have the seals removed To replace them. My question is, under the top plastic cap, how do you get the springs out? It's pretty rustY, but dont see an allen Head or bolt head. Tried pushing on it also.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
On my 800, you push down on the plug in the top and it has a spring type clip in there that holds it in. It's about the diameter of a paper clip. The plug will be tight to push, easiest if done mounted in the tree on the bike. Guessing the 900 will be the same, my Voyager is.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
16 Posts
Rick is correct. I just replaced the oil and springs on my 900 and yes there is a circular spring clip that holds the top plug in place.

To remove the clip, hold the stanchion, ideally with a vise, push down on the plug and remove the clip with a small flat head screwdriver or a pick. I did it without a vise by holding the stanchion with one hand, pushing down on the plug and quickly trying to pry up that clip, and it was a pain in the a**, but it worked after many attempts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts