Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't find a single pic of a V2K with fork boots on the whole internet, so, of course, I HAD to put'em on my bike. Got the "Biker's Choice" brand for $32 off of E-Bay. They have a rubber ring on the inside of the cuff that goes over the slider that makes them bell out at the bottom. Made for Harleys, the package sez. 5min. with a utility knife fixed that.

I'll post a pic when I'm all done. Few more mods left to go yet.

Had to take the forks off to put'em on, which I've been planning since I bot the bike, to get rid of those chrome fork and triple tree covers. The problem there was getting this bike up in the air. Can't just pop it up on the center-stand.

Anybody got a center-stand on their V2K?

I sprung for a motorcycle lift from Harbor Freight, which worked perfectly, but what if you had to fix a tire on the road? Every other bike I own has a center-stand. But then, this is my first "cruiser".

The upper cone fork protectors are just weight, but the lower ones have seals and stuff. Actually look like some effort went into keeping dirt out. Mine were full of dirt, of course. Kalashnikov proved that to conquer dirt you have to embrace it, not try to keep it out. That never works.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Kalashnikov proved that to conquer dirt you have to embrace it, not try to keep it out. That never works.
doom'ella,, fauk seals are s. atlantic species.. or maybe that is fauk'lan seals? butt yes, hardly 50mm fauk seals fitt vRod are the tiket.

I pulled the fauk tubes several times. I usually have the rear end off so as the bike is not hevy weight unbalanced on the lift. I pull the tire and fender while its still just :bear:ly the ground. The tubes slide down and out the triple clamps.
yeah baby strip them ugmo tins off them beauty leggs. she be like a hardabs babe with 50mm stems. kik u in the head jus for starin.

Upon reassemble, I have raised the tubes 1" in the trees to drop the front an inch. makes it lower and quicker steer. wont jump curbs no more, butt then it never did stok. poncho

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hey doom and gloom, good on you for doing something different, cant wait to see what they look like.
Don't worry about flat tyre on highway mate, you have tubeless tyres, no worries, just think like that and it wont happen. You have to look at funny side, you get flat tyre out in middle of nowhere, you flick down the centre stand, whip off the back wheel, and all you need then is somehow to get 100 miles into town on Sunday when nothing is open, and get a new tyre.
PV, I am trying to psych myself into removing the tins off the forks, I really am, but at the moment I like the look of them, and they stop all the rock chip damage I get around here on exposed fork tubes.
Its a forken dilemma that's for forken sure. Sometimes it hard to forken decide what to do. the more you forken think about it, the harder it is to forken decide.
I agree that dropping the forker 1" improves the forking handling, it really does.
Try and stay off the curbs, it can do some real forking damage to the actual forks.
Be forked, and have a good forking Xmas to you all.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hey doom and gloom, good on you for doing something different, cant wait to see what they look like.

Don't worry about flat tyre on highway mate, you have tubeless tyres, no worries, just think like that and it wont happen. You have to look at funny side, you get flat tyre out in middle of nowhere, you flick down the centre stand, whip off the back wheel, and all you need then is somehow to get 100 miles into town on Sunday when nothing is open, and get a new tyre.

PV, I am trying to psych myself into removing the tins off the forks, I really am, but at the moment I like the look of them, and they stop all the rock chip damage I get around here on exposed fork tubes.

Its a forken dilemma that's for forken sure. Sometimes it hard to forken decide what to do. the more you forken think about it, the harder it is to forken decide.

I agree that dropping the forker 1" improves the forking handling, it really does.

Try and stay off the curbs, it can do some real forking damage to the actual forks.

Be forked, and have a good forking Xmas to you all.

Jeepers GHH, are you sampling copious quantities of the home brew again with wordsmithin like that bud, nicely done, lol

Have to admit im lookin forward to seein Doomers bike with those gators on. All i have stuck in my head is mega cafe racer set up.

Bring forth the piccy's doomer

Sent from the bottom of the Earth via a Tapatalk clone........……Motorcycle.com.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mooses

Holy crap that pic with the mooses is hilarious!

Just finished looking at the Vulcan/Indian conversion... man, that guy really went all out. My bike looks like it caught fire and got put out with a rake.

I've got a bunch of lengths of tubing clamped together for an exhaust, no headlight, and a mocked-up foam and glue seat. Trying to get the dual headlight bracket made over Christmas break.

Also making rearsets, but that stupid radiator overflow tank is in the way. And what's up with the radiator fill thingy being under the gas tank?? Not exactly accessible, huh? This thing is water cooled. Might be a good idea to be able to check the water level without taking the gas tank off!!!

Thinking of putting an aluminum overflow and fill tank on the crash bars alongside the radiator or somewhere.

Once I debug the exhaust for clearance and make sure it works, I'll weld it all up and wrap it.

Oh, and I almost forgot - I have some dirtbike footpegs for the rearsets that I think will be just perfect to finish off the "look" I'm going for.

Anyway, not ready to "show off" just yet.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Holy crap that pic with the mooses is hilarious!

Just finished looking at the Vulcan/Indian conversion... man, that guy really went all out. My bike looks like it caught fire and got put out with a rake.

I've got a bunch of lengths of tubing clamped together for an exhaust, no headlight, and a mocked-up foam and glue seat. Trying to get the dual headlight bracket made over Christmas break.

Also making rearsets, but that stupid radiator overflow tank is in the way. And what's up with the radiator fill thingy being under the gas tank?? Not exactly accessible, huh? This thing is water cooled. Might be a good idea to be able to check the water level without taking the gas tank off!!!

Thinking of putting an aluminum overflow and fill tank on the crash bars alongside the radiator or somewhere.

Once I debug the exhaust for clearance and make sure it works, I'll weld it all up and wrap it.

Oh, and I almost forgot - I have some dirtbike footpegs for the rearsets that I think will be just perfect to finish off the "look" I'm going for.

Anyway, not ready to "show off" just yet.

Bugger! Ya got me hooked and with that darned mega cafe racer image stuck in me head too.

Ando

Sent from the bottom of the Earth via a Tapatalk clone........……Motorcycle.com.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here's a VN2000 with fork boots.

from this site:
http://www.garagearea76.com/

Personally, I think this paticular one is one af the meanest looking V2Ks out there. Hail to the italians!
I love the cut off rear fender and the sport bike type front fender on those 18" rims.. I think the front fender is from a fireblade.. I've been looking for similar fenders online, and the bireblade one seemed to be the most similar to that one. This particular bike in matte black, being my desktop wallpaper for half a year, is one of the reasons that i got a V2K, witch unfortunately was before I found out all te BS with parts having to be e-marked, some European regulation on bikes built after 2004, if legal in Denmark. Luckily that only regulates parts used for constructive alterations, lights, bars etc., so not the fenders.. But it still limits me very much in costumizing the bike.. But on the other hand, I have the biggest V-twin in town, as the V2K was never sold by dealers in Denmark, so the very few that are here are imported privately. Mine is German. Good deal. :)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Here's a VN2000 with fork boots.

from this site:
http://www.garagearea76.com/

Personally, I think this paticular one is one af the meanest looking V2Ks out there. Hail to the italians!
I love the cut off rear fender and the sport bike type front fender on those 18" rims.. I think the front fender is from a fireblade.. I've been looking for similar fenders online, and the bireblade one seemed to be the most similar to that one. This particular bike in matte black, being my desktop wallpaper for half a year, is one of the reasons that i got a V2K, witch unfortunately was before I found out all te BS with parts having to be e-marked, some European regulation on bikes built after 2004, if legal in Denmark. Luckily that only regulates parts used for constructive alterations, lights, bars etc., so not the fenders.. But it still limits me very much in costumizing the bike.. But on the other hand, I have the biggest V-twin in town, as the V2K was never sold by dealers in Denmark, so the very few that are here are imported privately. Mine is German. Good deal. :)
That's fricken awesome, the blacked out bits and the gators look great. The textured paint work is a good touch, matches the engine casings.

Doomer, i think ya on the money there brutha with the gators.
Ando

1 - 10 of 10 Posts