Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any of you seeing rust on the exposed ends of the studs that hold the risers to the triple-tree?

I installed some Scootworks PhatRisers I a couple of months ago. Yesterday while washing, I noticed fresh rust on the exposed ends of the studs that hold the risers to the triple-tree. I did then coat those exposed ends with a little motor oil to try to halt the oxidation. Should I be concerned about rusty steel going into the aluminum riser blocks?

I just sent an email to Scootworks voicing my concerns and asking about stainless replacement studs - waiting for a reply.

·
Registered
487 Posts
No rust here!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just recently swapped out my PhatRiser I's for PhatRiser II's. I had the I's on for at least 2 years and I did not see any rust. In fact, when I was removing the nuts both threaded stocks with the nuts on them came out of the Risers and rather than put them into a vice to get the nuts off I just put them back into the new Risers. No rust, however, and the nuts were in exactly the right place on both threaded stocks for the new Risers so they went right in and tightened up. The new hardware went with the PhatRiser I's when I sold them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts