Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Speaker buckets in or out? I just received my adapters and I'm debating on which way to go.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Tried mine both ways, ended up taking them out. Most speakers are designed to work best in an open mounting, in doors or rear decks. Try it both ways, they are not hard to remove, only takes a few minutes.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ended up leaving them out. It seemed like it made the speakers POP too much. They still pop when the bass hits hard, but not as bad as with the constriction of the bucket

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another question... after installing the 6-1/2" speakers, my fairing rattles with the music. Anybody else have this issue? If so, have you found a cure for it?

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Some have added a sound deadening mat to the inside of the fairing after changing speakers and adding an amp. This may be your cure.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I left mine in. However I have not tried it with them out. I have the polk audio's If you are using the daves speaker adapters there are certain speakers he says that you have to leave them out. The main reason I left them in was to keep road dirt out the back of the speaker. Long story short mine sound good but I have not added an amp.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the Polk Audio, not the ones he says you have to leave them out. I left them out, but am thinking about putting them back in to see if it gets rid of the vibration. I also have the rear pods and changed the speakers to Polk Audio. I have a soundstream amp pushing them.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine seem to sound better in the afternoon on my way home from work than in the morning at 5:30.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey,
Just another thought check make sure all your mounting hardware is tight and if you wind up pulling your speakers out and headlight off look inside make sure nothing is loose and rattling around. and you probably add the sound deadening material through those holes without taking off the cowling if you wanted.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The cowling fasteners are all tight. I've determined that the rattle is the black part on the side toward the rider, where the guages and everything are mounted. I may have to get some sound deadening material and try it. I hope I can put it in through the holes because those 2 bolts on the bottom of the cowling are a B$&"@ to take out.

·
Registered
246 Posts
take off the lowers - I know it's a PIA but easier that way. It's quicker IMO too

The cowling fasteners are all tight. I've determined that the rattle is the black part on the side toward the rider, where the guages and everything are mounted. I may have to get some sound deadening material and try it. I hope I can put it in through the holes because those 2 bolts on the bottom of the cowling are a B$&"@ to take out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Speaker buckets in or out? I just received my adapters and I'm debating on which way to go.
I have 6.5" from SONIC. Water PROOF. Onea with Tweeter suspended in ftobt, No Wires. Had To Remove boxes. I may have "tested" with boxes in, sounds better out.
I invested in stick on sound deadening to line my stock air cleane when I went free flow and IVANS ECU flash. (Love but noise :(
Anyway, put left over material on inside of fairing, what was left, and stuffed some Poly around speaker backs. My main thinking was maybe stopping some air pressure coming in against Back of Speakers.
ALSO, used a Kenwood KAC-M1824BT 4-channel amplifier with 45 watts RMS per channel , wired Bluetooth control-handle bar mounted. (Ex took the ipod). KILLER.
Since I no longer needed the aux input or the Apple input I bypass the stock amp all together. Really just wired the new amp to the new speakers. Since then I have found an iPod and will rewire both amplifiers. Since I have an Android phone There's free apps that change the volume based on GPS.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts