Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all! I recently purchased my first bike, a 2007 Vulcan 900 Classic. The previous owner had removed the original footpegs and installed a chrome swing arm cover. In the holes where the footpegs mount, he put little bolts, cut off the end, put a plastic cap on them and then mounted a little skull.
It looks nice on the bike, but I would like to at least be able to at least sometimes put footpegs back on so my wife can ride along.

This is not a super time sensitive issue, since it will be a while before I am going to be comfortable taking a passenger, but I would like to figure out how I am going to solve the problem. :)

Here are some pictures of what I am describing.

I am thinking maybe one of those special drill bits for removing a phillips screw that the end has become all stripped out and just drill the bolt out?

Any better suggestions? The downside of my suggestion is that then I can't really put the skulls back on and I will have to have footpegs all the time. I can live with that, but the bike does look very nice as is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After tinkering with it for a bit, I found I was able to get a hold of the nubs with a pair of vice grips and unscrewed them that way.

:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts