Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I've been looking for pics on how a reduced reach configuration for the foot controls look like, and, have not found any...

I've attached 2 pics, one for the gear shift, and, the other of the foot breaks.

My question for the gear shift, can I still move the encircled bolt/nut closer? I'm not a long legged guy and it takes a bit of effort for my foot to rest on the foot peg, which I find a bit annoying. I am hoping I can still move it closer for a more relaxed and natural rest feel for my foot to rest on the foot peg. I find it most annoying when it rains as my foot easily slips because it does not natural rest on the foot peg.

For the second pic, foot breaks, my question is, can I still move it closer, or, is this configuration the reduced reach configuration already?

Thanks in advanced! :)

Regards,
Rex

Attachments

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I'm not sure I understand your problem. Is the foot peg too far forward for you? Or is the shifter too difficult to reach when your foot is on the peg?

Doesn't Kawasaki have some sort of alternate setup for this bike? I've read of others doing something to adjust something but I can't remember the specifics about what exactly is being adjusted.

There are many 650 riders in here so someone will know and speak up shortly.

·
Registered
306 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Are floorboards available anywhere for this bike?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi!

I've been looking for pics on how a reduced reach configuration for the foot controls look like, and, have not found any...

I've attached 2 pics, one for the gear shift, and, the other of the foot breaks.

My question for the gear shift, can I still move the encircled bolt/nut closer? I'm not a long legged guy and it takes a bit of effort for my foot to rest on the foot peg, which I find a bit annoying. I am hoping I can still move it closer for a more relaxed and natural rest feel for my foot to rest on the foot peg. I find it most annoying when it rains as my foot easily slips because it does not natural rest on the foot peg.

For the second pic, foot breaks, my question is, can I still move it closer, or, is this configuration the reduced reach configuration already?

Thanks in advanced! :)

Regards,
Rex
This should answer most all your questions regarding ERGO-FIT on the Vulcan S. Hope it helps!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure I understand your problem. Is the foot peg too far forward for you? Or is the shifter too difficult to reach when your foot is on the peg?

Doesn't Kawasaki have some sort of alternate setup for this bike? I've read of others doing something to adjust something but I can't remember the specifics about what exactly is being adjusted.

Foot peg is a bit forward for me... I've adjusted the shifter to my preference. Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Likely not...if what I’m seeing is your controls are in the rearmost set of mounting holes...

See this thread:
Foot peg position
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=91409&share_tid=243602&url=https://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243602&share_type=t

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks! The link helps a lot! Much appreciated!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts