Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Quick question

Is there any law, perhaps State by State that says we cant ride with the fog lights on at night (even on a clear night)?

I have a 2014 Voyager and noted the additional switch. I live in MI,.

Just thinking about increased visibility.

Russ

·
Registered
112 Posts
I run all the lights on all the time, always have. Like to be seen coming.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Run mine all the time, the better to be seen with. Have been stopped twice for random check points and have never been told I need to turn them off. That's here in Ga..

·
Registered
38 Posts
I run them all the time also in Wisconsin & Arizona (winter months). No problems.

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Russy,

I do not know where you are at, but it is not illegal in Texas.
More lights within reason better chance to be seen.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Some states have a limit on the number of headlights you can have on at one time. Including aux driving road legal lights. When I was working in Nevada the limit was 4 at one time. Off road lights are illegal in most state for highway use.

Like everyone else... my driving lights are never off on any of my motorcycles..... but I have LED H4's in the Voyager. I don't use them for me to see, I use them so the cagers see me. They are not the same color as my headlight because they are White LED, they look bluish compared to the yellow headlight, and are more noticeable farther away..... plus they are more noticeable in daylight than the normal H4 yellowish bulbs.... including my headlight on bright.....

·
Registered
440 Posts
Some states have a limit on the number of headlights you can have on at one time. Including aux driving road legal lights. When I was working in Nevada the limit was 4 at one time. Off road lights are illegal in most state for highway use.

Like everyone else... my driving lights are never off on any of my motorcycles..... but I have LED H4's in the Voyager. I don't use them for me to see, I use them so the cagers see me. They are not the same color as my headlight because they are White LED, they look bluish compared to the yellow headlight, and are more noticeable farther away..... plus they are more noticeable in daylight than the normal H4 yellowish bulbs.... including my headlight on bright.....
Here in mass you cant run fog lights unless weather permits it.. but on bikes its driving lights and its ok ..i use to never have mine on unless its night time..then one day i was cruising on a nice long stretch of road and saw a bike heading towards me and i could notice him far away from his three lights and thought "that looks cool" then it dawned on me , i have em too , lol .so now there on all the time. signed DUMB DUMB :eek:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Bubba,

Did you have to make any changes to the standard set up to make the change over to LED's?

I would like to make this switch.

Thanks

Russ

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Nope... just get some H4 LED lights... H4 is the style. There is an LED thread in here where the poster gave all the info and for turn signals... The LED turn signals (I got them) but for me it was a waste of money for those......... not as bright as the standard glass bulb... like so many are...

Here is the thread:

http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118058

1 - 11 of 11 Posts