1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would love to see what it looks like, cuz I was thinking about doing it to my bike. Unfortunately your picture doesnt work... maybe give it another shot

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try that, those seem to be working. And YES I need to wipe down the bike. Road home in the rain before those pictures were taken.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the light off of ebay for $9.99 and yes they are a two wire that connected right up, and I got the bracket off of ebay for $20, and it has an arm with a hole cut in it.. you take the axle nut off and put the bracket on, put it where you like as far as vertical adjustments, and then tighten the axle nut back on. It can be used on the right or left side, I liked the looks on the right side better personally.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I got the light off of ebay for $9.99 and yes they are a two wire that connected right up, and I got the bracket off of ebay for $20, and it has an arm with a hole cut in it.. you take the axle nut off and put the bracket on, put it where you like as far as vertical adjustments, and then tighten the axle nut back on. It can be used on the right or left side, I liked the looks on the right side better personally.
Does your plate have to be lighted in your state? What did you use to light it?

Looks nice and sounds like it didn't cost you a fortune.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
84 Posts
that will be such a pain to clean that right side rear wheel, It is bad with the caliper and exhaust in the way but with that license plate mount its gotta be even worse.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just ordered that plate mount and the signals.

I am a copy cat, what can I say? :)

I think this eBay seller owes you some commission!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
modifications the the bracket

I had to take the back part of the bracket and drill two holes a little off center into the part that holds the plate, to move the bracket slightly off center so it wouldn't rest against the exhaust. Then I mounted it and put a little pressure against it to put a little curve in the arm as well to set it closer to the tire. Nothing major. Took about 5 minutes to change and mount. Looks great and I have gotten nothing but compliments. It is not hard to clean around either as there is space all around it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had to take the back part of the bracket and drill two holes a little off center into the part that holds the plate, to move the bracket slightly off center so it wouldn't rest against the exhaust. Then I mounted it and put a little pressure against it to put a little curve in the arm as well to set it closer to the tire. Nothing major. Took about 5 minutes to change and mount. Looks great and I have gotten nothing but compliments. It is not hard to clean around either as there is space all around it.
I got the signals today and put them on, but now for some reason when I turn on the turn signals they all flash like hazard lights...

Did you have to do anything special to get these turn signals to work properly?

Thanks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No, I cut the two wires running to the old ones and hooked them up on the new ones and they worked first time. Sorry I can't be of any help but I didn't have trouble with them.

·
Registered
123 Posts
No, I cut the two wires running to the old ones and hooked them up on the new ones and they worked first time. Sorry I can't be of any help but I didn't have trouble with them.
Thanks for the info.

Do you still have the stock front turn signals on your bike?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts