Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we have decided to ride to Florida again this year. Was planning on riding the blue ridge parkway but the weather does not look good that way next week. On the other hand looks great for Florida .

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
701 Posts
Welcome. Where are you heading to in Florida?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never road in love bugs. Thats prolly not a good thing !! Heading to Tampa area.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
If you have never ridden the Natchez Trace, I recommend you ride it from Nashville, TN to Natchez, MS and then follow the coast across to mobile bay and dauphin Island, take the ferry across and follow the pan handle coastline to 19 south to tampa.

·
Registered
543 Posts
If you come down I-95 you'll be within 10 minutes of my home. I-20 is only 5 minutes. Lots of bikers stop at the Marathon Station on I-20/Hwy 340 for gas, cold drink and snacks.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Never road in love bugs. Thats prolly not a good thing !! Heading to Tampa area.

I live in Venice FL (south of Tampa). The love bugs are out around here but not as bad as I have seen them in the past. You need to clean them off ASAP from painted surfaces or the juice from their mashed bodies will eat your finish up. They are a true pain in the %^% for a few weeks each spring.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
LOVE BUGS....you will learn to HATE love bugs!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
If you have never ridden the Natchez Trace, I recommend you ride it from Nashville, TN to Natchez, MS and then follow the coast across to mobile bay and dauphin Island, take the ferry across and follow the pan handle coastline to 19 south to tampa.
TwoWheelAddict nailed it on those directions! That route is the best by far.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Have fun

I have to say, there is not better riding than in Florida (maybe not all the best roads, but the best weather).

We had the love bug discussion just recently on the forum. I am looking forward to trying David's PAM (yes cooking spray) solution. When heavy you may have to clean your winfshield every 50 miles - maybe less! But it beats the grasshoppers in the everglades by a long shot

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I have to say, there is not better riding than in Florida (maybe not all the best roads, but the best weather).
If you believe that, then you either ride in shorts or you haven't ridden many other places. Sure, it is nice November through February.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Best - need to clarify

2 wheel,

Have ridden just about everywhere, just can,t ride 12 months out of the year in most places. As a matter of fact, TN and NC are my favorites followed by my home state of Ohio.

As you say, I can not ride in those places on Christmas Day

1 - 14 of 14 Posts