Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed a Vulcan 900 Classic over from floorboards to (Custom style) foot pegs?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Why would you want to? Footboards are soooo nice.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I think your question is if it can be done. That is, just unbolt the floorboards and then bolt on the Custom pegs. As far as I know, the frame mounting points are the same. So it should be a simple swap. But since Doughrek has actually done it, maybe he can chime in.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
From what I have read, you need different shift linkages and brake linkages.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My question regards anybody with first hand information about the conversion. Jeep Pirate mentioned that it should be a simple swap but I'm doubtful of that. My understanding is that the floorboards on the Classic are mounted in a different location than the pegs on a Custom. I believe the pegs are up higher and further forward on the Custom so that's what makes me doubt that it's a simple unbolt/bolt-on effort.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Control swap

My question regards anybody with first hand information about the conversion. Jeep Pirate mentioned that it should be a simple swap but I'm doubtful of that. My understanding is that the floorboards on the Classic are mounted in a different location than the pegs on a Custom. I believe the pegs are up higher and further forward on the Custom so that's what makes me doubt that it's a simple unbolt/bolt-on effort.
I have done this and the change is pretty easy. You will need the shift linkages, shift lever, and brake pedal and linkage. The controls mount in the same location but the end result will have the pegs higher and further away than the floorboards. WARNING! If you have a crash bar (engine guard) there may be problems at the mounting point on the left side. You may need to grind off a little metal to make it fit.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for that info, shaggman. So, when you list the parts I need to change are you referring to the need to get those parts from a Custom?

doughrek, I think I've seen a picture you posted and liked what you did so any info you can give as to what's required to go that way would be helpful. Is it a simple parts change as Shaggman states or did you have to do any cutting and welding?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts