Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I absent mindedly parked behind a Jeep today and of course the thing backed into my 900 classic, tipping it over. However, since the classic has floorboards, the board seemed to hold the bike up and prevent it from going full over (albeit it was resting at quite an angle and gas was everywhere). Anyone with similar experiences? Seems like a pro for team floorboard (vs. pegs).

·
Registered
484 Posts
Yep. Immediately after buying my Classic LT, I was driving it home from Houston to the DFW area. Stopped at a gas station in Waco near the hotel for an overnight stay. Forgot to put the kick stand down, slowed it down but couldn't stop it from landing on the floorboard mount. It marked it on the bottom, but no damage was seem from the top. Kawasaki made some pretty good floorboards.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate you sharing that man. Yea, seems the boards can hold the weight, which is great! Just wish we didn't have to subject them to it 😉.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Just FYI. My bike came with crash bars when I bought it, but the floorboard mount hit the ground first during my bike drop. The crash bars never did (and never have) touched the ground.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts